• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Since the city cleared a trail through the new Grand Park last year, my 11 year old and I took advantage of it being only 95 degrees this morning. The open field in the pic is facing south towards the 'sporting area' with soccer, pickleball, baseball, dog park, and eventually disc golf. I followed a couple of animal trails through the tree line along the creek and tried to get some video.

TBH I've seen worse. Shoally Park in Spartanburg was basically a forest and overgrown retention ponds with a maintenance trail through it and became one of the best in the Upstate 10-12 years ago. That sucker left more than one permanent scar stomping around looking for flag tee markers in hiking pants and boots.
This will take a lot of clearing, however, and I'm worried that the city may not have the stomach or the budget to make that big of a change to this section of the park. Parks departments seldom see the ROI for putting in a course, but since this is only a 9-holer, it would hopefully take less effort and money.

[COLOR=var(--text)]20240701_100656[1].jpg[/COLOR]
View attachment 20240701_101501[1].mp4

View attachment 20240701_102411[1].mp4

I should also send an email to the city with recent tournament footage and ask that they not buy Prodigy baskets!

Am I the only one that likes Prodigy Baskets? I have never had a spit on one.