• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG DIY hacks

Something I have thought about getting is a Grabber but the really long ones the 6 ft or close to that, that fold up to 3 foot length get discs from water and to get discs from trees and hazard areas. I am just having a hard time finding a good one that would work for me.

An air hockey puck on the other hand, completely worthless at knocking discs out of trees. :|

--------------------------------

The tailgate special at Bojangles comes in a box perfectly sized to store discs in.

iu

Pros: Comes with fried chicken, has handle.
Cons: Discs may smell like fried chicken, a fully loaded box of discs will need duct tape reinforcement.

I really want to see someone show up to the course using a Bojangles box for their bag now.

I saw someone on here made a magnetic mini/ disc holder out of rare earth magnets and hockey / duct tape. A 10" long strip of tape fastened to a carabiner folded over the magnets, x2. It makes a y shape. I'd post a pic but mine finally wore out..

An air hockey puck on the other hand, completely worthless at knocking discs out of trees. :|

--------------------------------

The tailgate special at Bojangles comes in a box perfectly sized to store discs in.

iu

Pros: Comes with fried chicken, has handle.
Cons: Discs may smell like fried chicken, a fully loaded box of discs will need duct tape reinforcement.
Plus, your discs will eventually begin to smell like fried chicken... which may or may mot be good, depending on the local bear population.

How is a lacrosse ball better than a baseball? It's a bit smaller, but they must bounce much further away if you hit a solid branch.
I prefer a slingshot with a bag of cheap rubber balls. Saves my rotator cuff for my crap sidearm.