• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

My 169g tour series with a big dome is overstable and the 175g tour series i have is a average dome and has the -1 turn.

Im gonna grab a few more of these. The feel is great and they should beat in well.

Anyone know how the First Flight Proline Hurricanes fly?

Yeah. Shot in the dark. Was curious how they compared to the tour series.

I throw FF Hurricanes. They are more unstable but have a ton more glide. I use them as my max distance bombers. I highly recommend getting one if you want to add some distance amongst your hurricane lineup.

I throw FF Hurricanes. They are more unstable but have a ton more glide. I use them as my max distance bombers. I highly recommend getting one if you want to add some distance amongst your hurricane lineup.

I thought this was the case. Some guy had a lot of 7 on ebay not to long ago. I was waiting to get a good chunk of money to buy them....now they are not listed....dammit

Thx

Yeah I saw that. There are people on the "DGA All Day" Facebook group that sell them from time to time. I'd check it out.

Do any of you find the hurricane just dumps at the end? I feel like they don't have a nice end to their flight at all.

Depends on the run. Some of the newer run Pro Line Hurricanes do that. I highly recommend the new Ledgestone 2020 Special Blend "Ice" Hurricanes. Those things have good stability with great glide. DGA's discs are manufactured by Discraft so I believe it's Discraft's "CryZtal" plastic.

Do any of you find the hurricane just dumps at the end? I feel like they don't have a nice end to their flight at all.

The new stock proline are glideless and dumpy.

The tour series are glidey with some dome but a tad beefy. Im working on breaking them in.

I have 3 midnight flyer and they are my money drivers. Stability and glide.

the domier SP are pretty good. the flatter PL are really dumpy to me, but are better for fighting wind or FH drives.

The tour series PL FLX seem to have the best overall flight, imo

I have someone tryin to sell me a Hurricane online saying it weighs 179g. Ive asked them if they have weighed it on the scale and waiting for a response. Is it possible that they ever manufactured that mold at that weight? I thought only mids were made at weights 175+.

I have someone tryin to sell me a Hurricane online saying it weighs 179g. Ive asked them if they have weighed it on the scale and waiting for a response. Is it possible that they ever manufactured that mold at that weight? I thought only mids were made at weights 175+.

Legal weight is determined by disc diameter. The hurricane is only legal up to 175.1g

I was looking for a main distance driver and my local shop had some pro-line Hurricanes in the OOP/clearance bin for 12.99 each so I picked up two. Quite a bit more OS than I was hoping for, but I actually like the flight. I've got Forces for wind fighting, so I was hoping for a little bit more hs turn out of the Hurricanes, but they do go straighter for longer than the Forces, but dump left HARD. I'm going to give them a while to break in and figure them out, but I was just surprised on first throw at how beefy they were. If nothing else, the plastic looks soooo good.

I was looking for a main distance driver and my local shop had some pro-line Hurricanes in the OOP/clearance bin for 12.99 each so I picked up two. Quite a bit more OS than I was hoping for, but I actually like the flight. I've got Forces for wind fighting, so I was hoping for a little bit more hs turn out of the Hurricanes, but they do go straighter for longer than the Forces, but dump left HARD. I'm going to give them a while to break in and figure them out, but I was just surprised on first throw at how beefy they were. If nothing else, the plastic looks soooo good.

Based on your description these sound like a newer run of Proline Hurricane. An Ice Hurricane or an older Proline might be more in line with what you're looking for.

Most people describe Hurricanes as a Force SS, and with the inconsistencies of plastic injection molding, there could be some overlap depending on the specific discs you end up with.

Based on your description these sound like a newer run of Proline Hurricane. An Ice Hurricane or an older Proline might be more in line with what you're looking for.

Most people describe Hurricanes as a Force SS, and with the inconsistencies of plastic injection molding, there could be some overlap depending on the specific discs you end up with.

Sounds about right for the two I've got. One will be pretty straight for about 2/3 of the flight (380ish total) and then dump hard, while the other is straight for about 1/2 the flight and dumps out hard (360ish). I don't have a cannon of an arm, but I can usually get to 400 on the course no problem. I was just surprised. I do really like the plastic, though. I'll try to beat in the more straight one and see what that does at the end of the season

I'd guess for proline the dumpy one is noticably flatter. My experience is that the domier ones have the truest flight, the flatter ones are better for fighting wind and have less glide/more fade

I'd guess for proline the dumpy one is noticably flatter. My experience is that the domier ones have the truest flight, the flatter ones are better for fighting wind and have less glide/more fade

Yeah, neither are particularly domey or board flat, but the more os one is definitely flatter

After posting, I thought I would check out the PLH of my Forces and Hurricanes. Turns out my 168g Force is my least stable disc of the four. I've got a 173g meat hook of a Force (significantly higher plh that my other Forces) and the one Hurricane isn't too far off from that.

So I basically bought 2 Ti-ish Forces instead of Hurricanes haha (I realize they're not exactly the same, but the difference isn't as great as I was hoping for). I'll aggressively try to beat them in because I really like the feel of them. Wish me luck.

After posting, I thought I would check out the PLH of my Forces and Hurricanes. Turns out my 168g Force is my least stable disc of the four. I've got a 173g meat hook of a Force (significantly higher plh that my other Forces) and the one Hurricane isn't too far off from that.

So I basically bought 2 Ti-ish Forces instead of Hurricanes haha (I realize they're not exactly the same, but the difference isn't as great as I was hoping for). I'll aggressively try to beat them in because I really like the feel of them. Wish me luck.

You may not want to go down this rabbit hole, but I recently picked up a First Flight Hurricane and it is a straight bomber out of the box. They are fairly easy to find on Ebay :D