• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA : UNDERTOW?

It's twice as clear as heaven,
and twice as loud as reason.
It's deep and rich like silt on a riverbed
and just as undisturbing.

:thmbup: to this disc.

The Hoff will be a wall hanger for sure!!

david.jpg

just got done throwing the dga undertow flys alot like a teebird only have one round with it so far flys great with a predictable flight good glide good speed. i threw the sp line i feel the pro line will be less stable

First Flight ProLine Undertow Release!!

firstflightprolineunder.jpg

DGA is excited to announce the release of its new fairway driver, the Undertow. The First Flight ProLine version of the Undertow will reach disc golf retail stores by March 1st!

Filling a much needed void in the DGA driver line-up, this disc will provide all skill levels with a predictable long, straight flight with minimal effort. The comfort profile rim will ensure a smooth release from your hand. Great for all skill levels!

Plastic: ProLine
Class: Fairway Driver
Stability Rating: 1.0
Speed: 9
Weights: 164-174 gm
Best for: All skill levels

For those attending the Memorial Championships next week, DGA will have them available at the Flymart Tuesday afternoon. There may be a deal offered as well. ;-)

discgolf.com

firstflightprolineunder.jpg

DGA is excited to announce the release of its new fairway driver, the Undertow. The First Flight ProLine version of the Undertow will reach disc golf retail stores by March 1st!

Filling a much needed void in the DGA driver line-up, this disc will provide all skill levels with a predictable long, straight flight with minimal effort. The comfort profile rim will ensure a smooth release from your hand. Great for all skill levels!

Plastic: ProLine
Class: Fairway Driver
Stability Rating: 1.0
Speed: 9
Weights: 164-174 gm
Best for: All skill levels

For those attending the Memorial Championships next week, DGA will have them available at the Flymart Tuesday afternoon. There may be a deal offered as well. ;-)

discgolf.com

With no real knowledge of what this was I was going to guess similar to a Nuke SS. I was thinking "under"....

Looks promising but it seems like it's too late for DGA to be introducing this disc. They're sooo off the radar when it comes to quality new releases. There are a lot of manufacturers doing interesting things and DGA isn't one of them...

why isn't this interesting?

they release a driver that isn't speed 13/14

likely quite controllable and with the "comfort plus rim" (slanted rim???) perhaps even has awesome glide

wouldn't a slightly faster and touch more stable River be an awesome thing?

edit: not that I am saying that this is what the Undertow is

we can't complain about "nothing but high speed driver releases" and then say that producing something slower is a bad decision

So is speed 9 now considered a fairway driver speed with all the new warp speed monsters out there? If so, that puts my 7 speed TL into, what, mid-range territory?

Or, are they just referring to it as a fairway because of the control factor?

why isn't this interesting?

Like I said, this discs looks promising, but DGA has no hype or momentum built up around any of their products. Did they even release a disc last year? The Hurricane came out in 2010 and it's an OK disc but it's lost in a sea of options. DGA seems to release their discs at the worst possible time, after other companies release blockbuster hits that fill a similar spot in people's bags.

Edit: but that problem I think has been endemic with DGA for quite some time now

there needs to be a ground swell of support for one of their molds from a place such as this

I like they are trying something in the fairway / less-than-maximum-distance department, but I am not a big fan of the name. I get the whole theme they are going after with their disc names, but the idea of an undertow is a current under the surface. I can see the symbolism there, the whole invisible but deadly, with its hard consonents and less than powerful sounding name, it underwhelms me.

DGA the best line up no one has heard of.
They make solid disc if someone locally sold them I would have 3 of there molds in my bag currently.

Latest posts