• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

FINALLY got to meet bill AND christy this past weekend, along w/ their daughter "Z". Christy and Z played in our small local tournament (MayDay Madness III), and both ladies won their respective divisions:hfive:

Bill also donated 10 discs for payouts to the other juniors/players.

Yes I plan on meeting up with them this weekend. There coming into town and want to play a round with me and my GF. They seem pretty cool from talking with him over the net.

Met up to play with bcr123PSU before, and Cyclops. Met Labelkills, and introduced all GUNKed up to this site.

I ran into #19325 at Adler Park on Tuesday, he was playing in the league I didn't know about, and stopped to tell me about the league and give me his card if I had any questions.

I contacted "I3ooI3oo" through DGCR and set up a time that we could play Ocala Greenway DGC together and played a round there with him and his buddy. He has played here before and I figured I would need a course guide after reading the reviews. FUN course! Very nice locals there as well. I will definitely be coming back: but next time with some sunscreen!....... Thanks again I3oo.

I met Thestray at a pdga tournament in west Michigan about a month ago. He's from Ohio, weve been keeping touch. Really nice guy.

Played w/ the one and only Bikinjack at Rankin Lake last weekend or so, he was a trooper since he'd already played a tourney earlier that day. All the rumors about him stealing neighborhood cats and fermenting them into a "felineweizen" are false, mostly.

Sloppydisc aka "The Basket" somehow coaxed me outta my bed this morning for some rounds at Wellspring. He isn't nearly as terrible as he says he is. Either that or the Ion and the Fuse are the greatest discs ever made.

Thanks again guys, I'm down for a round any time y'all are in town.

Played two rounds at two different courses with Tacitus Had two good rounds of disc golf in the Houston area. We played River Grove(my home course) on Tuesday,and Windwood Church on Thursday of last week.

All I can say is had a great time in Houston this week. As mentioned above got to play two rounds with MB. If any one is ever in the Houston area look Midnight up. Very cool guy who obviously really enjoys the sport. A great steward that showed me two very fun courses, a rotting armadillo and a water moccasin. Sweet! Hey Midnight Biker, Thanks again.

I can now add Discjunkie to my list. Although, our schedules overlapped and we weren't able to play a round together, we hung out and talked for a little bit at Castle Hayne.

Great plastic!!

Played w/ the one and only Bikinjack at Rankin Lake last weekend or so, he was a trooper since he'd already played a tourney earlier that day. All the rumors about him stealing neighborhood cats and fermenting them into a "felineweizen" are false, mostly.

Sloppydisc aka "The Basket" somehow coaxed me outta my bed this morning for some rounds at Wellspring. He isn't nearly as terrible as he says he is. Either that or the Ion and the Fuse are the greatest discs ever made.

Thanks again guys, I'm down for a round any time y'all are in town.

The Fuse and the Ion are the 2 greatest discs EVER made.

Good playing with you today. Next time we can do anafternoon meet so you can sleep in. Sorry.

All I can say is had a great time in Houston this week. As mentioned above got to play two rounds with MB. If any one is ever in the Houston area look Midnight up. Very cool guy who obviously really enjoys the sport. A great steward that showed me two very fun courses, a rotting armadillo and a water moccasin. Sweet! Hey Midnight Biker, Thanks again.

Yea, that Water Moccasin made me kind of nervous when I had to turn my back on him to make my shot, only a few feet from the water. I wish I had thought to snap a picture of him, but I was so caught off guard, I forgot.

Made it out to Rockburn Branch this morning before 7:00 a.m. Planned on meet up with swatso. Both he and DWill showed up and we got to play 18 before I had to head back to the hotel and on to the zoo with my family.

Had an excellent time and these are both really good guys. They brought out the best in my game. Of course, my putting couldn't be helped... dag-gone cage!

Can't wait to get back to the area to see if they'll let me tag along again. Thanks guys.

Most embarrassing moment (other than my first three shots on hole #16 that is)... I didn't have computer access last night and forgot who I was meeting up with. It wasn't until we were through about 15 holes that I realized I was playing a round with swatso and not jrawk. :doh::p

Note to self... remember the screen id of the person who's going to show you around a course! :)

Ended up guiding JJChainGang around Mars Hill. JJChainGang is the father and son combo that I had randomly run into at a local course 10 months ago and took them around for their first round ever. Now, 10 months later, they're addicted and just became members of DGCR.

They've come a long way in 10 months... (they must have had a good teacher show em the ropes early on in their golf careers)... with each "J" bagging a couple of birdies on a difficult course.

Great game guys... we'll play again sometime.
DSCJNKY

100_2145.jpg

Finally met Donovan @ The Mighty Z.
I threw like crap, a couple nice drives tho. Donovan kicked my arse.

Did you guys play in the tournament last weekend? I was going to go out there on Saturday, travelling in from Dallas, but remembered at the last min. that there was an event there, so I and my friend from out of town went to Crowley instead.

How do you figure out that somebody at a tourney is a DGCR denizen?

Did you guys play in the tournament last weekend? I was going to go out there on Saturday, travelling in from Dallas, but remembered at the last min. that there was an event there, so I and my friend from out of town went to Crowley instead.

No on the tourney. That was this morning. It is cool to search the member search for people closest to you. Then send them a PM and try to hook up.

ALSO, you gotta sport the DGCR BAG TAG or LOOK HERE!!!! :D

Another thing to do is be a guide at your close by courses and people will give you a hollar. I have done that a few times. I have met some great guys this way! You bastards know who you are! :p

Last edited:

I played. Was my first tourney. There were other DGCR folks there I think. I didn't meet any tho.

Back on 5/16 I played a round with the guy on the right at Ellison Park in Rochester, Ny. I can't recall his name but he had the #1 tag. Cool guy. He's got a website of somesort... :p

Attachments

• Justin & Tim.jpg
    Justin & Tim.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 169