• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGM 95 Another clinic...Nikko PUTTING, GG distance

Dave said the bead on a disc was designed, not for flight characteristics, but to sit in the groove of your index finger. Is that true?

Once again Comcast has failed to put the DGM up in the More Sports category in the On Demand section. This is really starting to piss me off. First work puts this whole new ban on watching videos during lunch and now I can't even watch it at home....YOU SUCK COMCAST!!

u can download the video and maybe play it on your bluray player! keepvideo works well with the above link.

i'd be willing to be that feldberg does know the rules of ultimate.

he is correct, most people do not throw using that foot pivot in ultimate. i don't think he made this comment aimed at the rules. it seemed to be a literal statement.

when was the last time you saw someone catch an ultimate disc in the middle of a game, do an x-step, then throw using that heal pivot?

You don't have to do an x-step to do a heal pivot. Doing an x-step would be a travel in ultimate.

... i went back and looked at a bunch of pros throwing their drives on youtube... go figure, they are all doing that foot pivot and i just never noticed.

i suck at disc golf.

I committed to this motion pretty hard and hyper extended my knee. Not a big injury, good thing I'm young.. I guess somewhere in the youtube comments someone blew out their ACL trying it.

HOWEVER, after hearing him say this technique, every pro drive i've seen since does this motion with their heel. I am just doing it wrong, and yes I felt the same way. I suck at disc golf / I'm doing it wrong and have been for a long time.. I even tried to contact feldberg for more info, hopefully I hear back : )

edit: come to think of it, I'm sure people on here know more about this toe - heel - toe weight shift, anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

Last edited:
the grip thing, gripping with your thumb muscle, was new to me. And also the whole heel pivot thing was never really clear to me before this. I should finally be able to park that hole im always 30ft short of...okay probly not :p

Would like clarification on this. Is he saying to to squeeze the disc with the base of your thumb (Thumb flat across disc pressure at base) as opposed to pinching the disc between the thumb and pointer (Thumb slightly raised pressure at tip)?

I would like info as well. I can site the DGR sources and say that the advice comes in the way of pressing down with the thumb pad. Not really heard the "pushing down with the fleshy pad" part. So... any info here?

I believe he's talking about activating that big muscle for the pinch, not so much using the base against the flight plate although that seems to vary quite a bit among pro grips. :\

I was out there picking up all the discs that Sarah threw. She threw some of them deep in the woods between the green of 15 and the parking lot.