• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open

I'll be pulling for the Motor City Chain Gang's own: Krystal Fromm.
To know her, is to like her. :thmbup:
To be fair, Bogey shares tents with complete strangers. Grain of salt... :|
MPO 3: Edited Coverage

Benjamin Calloway (previous champion)
Jeremy Koling (highest in tour points w/ one drop)
Austin Turner (presenting partner)
Kevin Jones (Fan Vote Winner)
This could be a sneaky good card to watch. I don't know Calloway but two young guns in Turner and Jones with AT being a lefty. Big Jerm bringing the FH and really good play lately.

Btw, I could be wrong but during the live chat, I am pretty sure Ian said that the CCDG vids for this event wont be out till mid week.

Last edited:
One of the women actually got a 2 on the first hole. Threw it in from 150ish...:thmbup:

That's a really damn good 2. Only 5 or 6 of the men got it yesterday...

Last edited:
Wasn't one of the guy's on the top card recently on a thread labeled washouts/has beens or something?

Looking forward to watching Feldberg, and the other three on the lead card.

Wasn't one of the guy's on the top card recently on a thread labeled washouts/has beens or something?

In my opinion, having one hot round doesn't take you out of the "washed up" discussion (not that I voted for Feldy or think he's washed up). Will had a hot 1st round in Utah, followed by 2 sub 1000 rounds, so I wouldn't get ahead of myself.

I did notice on the live coverage JohnE had the box and checked with camera crew to see if they were ready before throwing, which I appreciated. I wonder if he got a lot of backlash or his sponsors spoke with him about his on camera behavior.

In my opinion, having one hot round doesn't take you out of the "washed up" discussion (not that I voted for Feldy or think he's washed up). Will had a hot 1st round in Utah, followed by 2 sub 1000 rounds, so I wouldn't get ahead of myself.

I did notice on the live coverage JohnE had the box and checked with camera crew to see if they were ready before throwing, which I appreciated. I wonder if he got a lot of backlash or his sponsors spoke with him about his on camera behavior.

The checking with the camera crew has become pretty standard, especially for cards being covered live. They all do it so I don't think it has anything to do with JohnE specifically or his past behaviors. I think in the past, this interaction wasn't necessarily with the camera man but with Terry or whomever was commentating so it wasn't always caught on screen. But with booth commentary, the camera man is the only one there to ask.

The checking with the camera crew has become pretty standard, especially for cards being covered live. They all do it so I don't think it has anything to do with JohnE specifically or his past behaviors. I think in the past, this interaction wasn't necessarily with the camera man but with Terry or whomever was commentating so it wasn't always caught on screen. But with booth commentary, the camera man is the only one there to ask.

Actually it has rarely been about Terry. I can only recall one time that JohnE gave Terry a glare, and I still don't know if it was aimed at Terry or the crowd behind him.

Traditionally JohnE has really been bothered by having to wait for cameras or having them get in front of him while he is getting prepped to throw. The onsite commentary has rarely been a sore spot with players, it is all the other stuff that goes with filming events.

Actually it has rarely been about Terry. I can only recall one time that JohnE gave Terry a glare, and I still don't know if it was aimed at Terry or the crowd behind him.

Traditionally JohnE has really been bothered by having to wait for cameras or having them get in front of him while he is getting prepped to throw. The onsite commentary has rarely been a sore spot with players, it is all the other stuff that goes with filming events.

I know about his history, but I wasn't trying to imply that JohnE or any player had issue with Terry or commentary. I was only pointing out that checking that cameras are live and ready before teeing off has become kind of a standard operation for lead card players. As has waiting for them if there is some sort of delay. I only brought up Terry because I imagine when he's on site doing commentary, it's him that the players check with.

Basically, JohnE was just performing a duty that has come to be expected of every lead card player who has the box during a live broadcast.

Totally agree. A lot of our players are now getting the hang of being on the lead card and knowing when to wait. It is nice. If we could get Ricky to... that would be amazing. But Ricky is Ricky, when he is ready he just goes. And I wouldn't ever ask him to slow down or get out of his rhythm.

Isn't it? Nikko has put together two back-to-back great rounds (-10 yesterday, -10 through 15 today) and he's trailing by SIX!

Latest posts