• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Allstar Weekend

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
If this moves into a team based competition, why not use disc sponsorship, rather than a draft as a means for forming the teams ? It might spice things up.

Jeff Spring, recently on the Upshot subscriber bonus episode, mentioned that Mo Bahrani (an NBA fan) had the idea.

Here is some context to the conversation here.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2022/01/17/second-annual-dgpt-all-stars-event-heads-to-el-conquistador-resort-in-tucson/

The Disc Golf Pro Tour All-Star event will return to Arizona, February 11-13, for its second annual showcase at a new venue, the El Conquistador Resort, which also hosted the 2021 Arizona State Disc Golf Championships.

Twelve players from both the MPO and FPO divisions will make up the All-Stars fields, increasing from eight players in each division a year ago. The top eight players for each division were determined by 2021 DGPT points, and the final four in each division were decided by a system equally weighting 2021 DGPT points, 2021 DGPT Championship finish, a fan vote held in November and a media vote. The full All-Star field and final format details for the 2022 event, which will change from the format played for the 2021 edition, will be announced over the next month.

I am guessing that this will be behind the DGPT paywall.

I mean it's a contrived publicity stunt like every all star game. People watch them in other sports so... :\

Not really. The NFL game is a real dud, I liked it a long time ago. The NBA game is zero defense till the last 3 minutes. The NHL? I don't know, never watched it. All Star games are pretty much meh. Oh I forgot baseball. Do people still like baseball? lol

Most all star games/events are more for the fans to see their favorite players. As far as I know baseball is the only one with any real implications since it determines the home team for the World Series?

Most all star games/events are more for the fans to see their favorite players. As far as I know baseball is the only one with any real implications since it determines the home team for the World Series?
Nope. They (thankfully) did away with that stupid rule several years ago.

moar importantly what does ball golf do
LOL!

Hasn't Jomez been doing goofy putting contests and such as filler during the down months? It's the same concept IMO; there is dead air time on that weekend if you don't want to watch pregame hype and DGPT hasn't had any content in a hot minute + you have had all the sponsor switches so if that creates any sort of interest i.e. "See Ricky with his all-new Dynamic Discs bag" you can plug into that.

Latest posts