• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do GOLDs Ruin BLUEs?

Billipo

Birdie Member
A seasoned course which has been a popular Championship course (par 66) particularly for "better" players is thinking Gold. Currently there is a Red, White and Blue configuration. The original design was to have a gold configuration but due to saving Donero was scrapped, so there is room to "bring it on". Course plays dead nuts on with White Par being 900 and Blue at 950 rated. Last three years of tournaments within a third of a stroke of perfect to rating.

Getting light pressure to add the Golds and I'm getting to where what I don't do in next couple years ain't gonna happen. I'm afraid if Golds are added then Blues will no longer be utilized. Right now, It seems that all three configurations get sufficient play. Blues and Whites have cement pads and hope is to add Red pads in 2025. Events held are standard C-Tier stuff with no real desire to push to Open focused events though I hoped for this for years and it never materialized. Local club is more players wins focused versus quality over quantity.

I plan to invite some qualified Gold players (1000) to do a walk through, but first want to think it out before creating any expectations.

Course is Pymatuning SP. In case anyone wants to deep dive into it.

Any thoughts?