• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

And while we're stuck on cellular, we kindly request that you please refrain from bogging down the signal.

I'm not rich by any means but I feel free entertainment vs paying $5 for entertainment is the same thing. Not sure I'll watch most events but I'll give them money anyways. Yes I know it adds up to more than $5. I still remember when you couldn't watch any disc golf. Easy decision for me

If a disc is around $20, who actually carries 30 discs?

I have a $300ish bag and $4-500ish in discs in it but most of that was paid for with funny money from league nights and tourneys hosted by The Nati shop at Mt Airy.

Well more like $350-400 atm. But I've had more in it at times.

Last edited:
If I was a cell phonian, couldn't I ask you to stop slowing down my phone performance with your disc golf coverage.
Could file a complaint to the FCC. Might open pandora's box of licensing.

Using cellular for the final link or next-to-final link is not great, for all of the reasons above.

The alternatives cost a lot of money whether to lease one-shot equipment for the event, like a telco cell tower on wheels, or to put in infrastructure like a hard-wired broadband connection very close to the venue. Until the money's there for these. . . oof.

No thanks
True story, I could whistle a carrier tone sufficiently well to convince the answering computer that I too was a computer, and used this trick to buy myself an extra thirty seconds while I waited for my (primitive) computer to boot up, load the terminal program, flip the switch to put the modem on the line, etc.

Some people were walking the line on rather or not to buy into the coverage. But being called a mooch put me on the side of not buying into it.

I've watched live but I'm not into who wins and loses, I just want to see all the good shots so post videos do great for me.

But I'm sure they won't miss one cranky old man not watching. :)

PAY FOR THEIR COVERAGE.

So even if you don't pay for the DGPT. Go out and support a post production team on Patreon. The Disc Golf Guy, CCDG, Jomez, Ace Run. WHOEVER.

Don't be a lazy mooch.

I am a proud capitalist, but if one is going to put commercials in their production, then that is their revenue model. I will never pay for any feed that has commericals.

Offer me commerical free content and I will pay for it. Commerical free also means no soft infomercial style like Jomez uses with Innova pros.

It is not my fault if their(your) revenue model is flawed.

Normally, I filter my thoughts before I post... but if you are going to be a jackwagon, I will return in kind. Have a pleasant day.

I am a proud capitalist, but if one is going to put commercials in their production, then that is their revenue model. I will never pay for any feed that has commericals.

Offer me commerical free content and I will pay for it. Commerical free also means no soft infomercial style like Jomez uses with Innova pros.

It is not my fault if their(your) revenue model is flawed.

I don't think that a business model has to be all one or all the other. While some services (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, etc.) get their revenue directly from their subscribers and some streaming services (i.e. Roku TV) just play ads, other media sources use both. If you want to watch something on cable for instance, you pay for the access to the channel as well as getting advertisements thrown into your shows.

It's simply a consumer choice. I prefer to not have ads during my Netflix shows but I won't subscribe to Pandora to get rid of them because the ads don't bother me as much in the car (for whatever reason). To each his own I suppose.

Frankly, I'd rather pay as a Patreon supporter to Jomez or CCDG than pay for a subscription to a live Pay-walled coverage for an event (or even all of them).

I'd rather support the media teams directly as I appreciate their work. I've seen a few of those events live, it was a bit of a let down. So to pay for it, that rubs me wrong especially while they're still figuring things out.

However, if there are commercials, then paying additional money for live coverage is a bit off-putting to me personally. I get it; just don't like it.

I just downloaded the "Vimeo" app on my I-Phone so that I could be coverage for the Vegas tournament and watch it at work (have it on as background music). I see nothing on the app in terms of purchasing DGPT content. I'm not sure that I downloaded the proper app or not as there is also a "Vimeo Plus Monthly" app but that one sounded like I would have to pay a fee simply to subscribe to the service before even paying for disc golf content. Any help appreciated