• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Resistance is futile

Agreed. I keep the live stream running and never watch post. The Preserve is marginally better but if they were playing at Idlewild, for example, I'd be watching every hole. Only by adding artificial OB does a terrible kick or a flubbed throw cost more than a stroke. I think I saw 2 pitch-outs total, which is 2 more than I've seen up to this point.

The free live recording of the first round of 2024 Preserve Championship has already had 59,000 views. Those are respectable numbers for our little sport. I am curious how many subscribers they've attracted. I was a subscriber briefly, last year, but I concluded that I already have enough viewing options. Putting it behind a paywall has resulted in my viewing less; even the post production strangely enough. Perhaps, I've become jaded. 500+' drives and circle 2 putts are just a given now. I'm still impressed, but not interested in seeing it over and over.
I watch to see the courses more than the players unless someone I know is in the hunt. Same courses year after year with a few tweaks here and there equals reduced viewing for me. I have been enjoying watching European dg way more than the American tour this season. The courses are in general more interesting, Ale for example.

2nd the switch to Euro events for the courses. There may be a "stupid hyzer hole" or filler here or there but a shitty hole still creates score separation and a reason to pay attention.

I think we all agree. The best disc golf courses are wooded, require shot making and have natural rough. These same courses are often not spectator friendly. I think the organizers will have to accept that at some point. Revenue from paying spectators is new to disc golf and the sooner they abandon their pursuit of those dollars the better. It eliminates too many quality courses from professional competition; as does live coverage since some courses are in remote areas with poor cell service.

How could I forget the unobstructed greens? Circle 2 is a LOT easier when there's nothing in your way. In the final Kyle had to go to a straddle putt and Terry talked for 4 minutes about the 'difficulty' of making that small adjustment.
Love Terry, great dude, he is THEY and all, but he can't do much to make these courses interesting. They really should consider a third voice in the booth, someone to add entertainment value - Barsby would be a good transition to the booth, perhaps Jerm once he goes Masters, heck even Kenny was entertaining enough as well as informative at the USDGCs.

I think we all agree. The best disc golf courses are wooded, require shot making and have natural rough. These same courses are often not spectator friendly. I think the organizers will have to accept that at some point. Revenue from paying spectators is new to disc golf and the sooner they abandon their pursuit of those dollars the better. It eliminates too many quality courses from professional competition; as does live coverage since some courses are in remote areas with poor cell service.
Yes, Wooded or at least proper OB like a fixed OB of a Sidewalk/path or a Fence.

I do agree fully live is messing with the Pro Tour, however using own systems for helping keep Disc Gold Pro Tour coverage live by extending signal has at least allowed for less use of golf courses. Now if only Disc Golf Pro Tour could use own Satellites for Satellite Internet, we could have some high level A tier/more former National Disc Golf Tour events going into main Disc Golf Pro Tour/European Disc Golf Pro Tour.

I dunno, I'd like to see Sexton with Perkins. A "Two Hot Nates" team to work the Silver series but still add a thrid to Terry and Doss, might be good to 'get younger at that position' and bring in someone that knows wtf skibidi is.

I dunno, I'd like to see Sexton with Perkins. A "Two Hot Nates" team to work the Silver series but still add a thrid to Terry and Doss, might be good to 'get younger at that position' and bring in someone that knows wtf skibidi is.
And knows latest name a baseball like Hat or straight brim Lid is currently called and not miss say a really bad late Gen Z early Gen A$$hole word.

Not sure if I'm in the minority or what, but I really don't enjoy Perkins behind the mic.

His tempo and pacing can be wonky sometimes, but Perk has the best voice of them all I'd say. Nathan Queen would be a good addition too.

These days, I mostly put a tournament on as a visual background while listening to records. The course matters, commentators do not.
Honestly, this is how I watch most sports. I understand the games and sports I enjoy. I don't need a couple of jabbering fanboys, trying to fill time and explain what I already know....often incorrectly.

I've sort of just stopped caring about the DGPT. I enjoyed watching the final rounds live on YouTube, but the switch to 1st round made it much less appealing to me. The free coverage went from the weekend when I could find time to watch both the FPO and MPO coverage to the weekday when I might get to catch the MPO an hour+ into the round after I get off of work. I'm not going to subscribe to the DGPT to get all rounds live streamed. I dont have the time to watch 3 rounds a week live to make it worthwhile. I don't care about whatever documentary they produce to fill out the subscription. I still watch some coverage afterwards on YouTube , but it just doesn't draw me in like in the past.

I do agree it would be nice to see more technical wooded courses on the tour.

Latest posts