• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Did i get a good deal?

OregonDG420

Birdie Member
I just bought a 10x dyed banshee for 20$ and a 9x dyed whippet for 25$, asking all you disc collectors, did I get a good deal?

From a collectors standpoint if they are new and unthrown, the dye hurts the value to me just like an autograph does. Reason being these discs that came out in the 1985-2000 range are pretty rare to be in unthrown 10/10 condition vs a guy who did a cool dye on one.

From a collectors standpoint if they are new and unthrown, the dye hurts the value to me just like an autograph does. Reason being these discs that came out in the 1985-2000 range are pretty rare to be in unthrown 10/10 condition vs a guy who did a cool dye on one.

pretty sure these were factory dyed and came new that way, and I haven't received them yet but banshee is described as 7/10 not sure if it has ink I don't thinks so and whippet is 9/10 with no ink.

meh, you did ok.
the 9x and 10x molds were somewhat unpopular in these molds... now 10x teebirds, aviars and rocs... yes please!

If you throw Whippets and Banshees you did fine. If you bought them to flip them, not so fine.

no im not flipping them and the dye especially on the whippet is awesome, it is the rainbow dye that starts with a color and changes across the disc, so the entire thing is dyed and the stamp is really good too not worn off at all

I have a 10x KC Pro Banshee that I'd say is 8 or 9/10. Off white with the tie-die middle. I saw a couple of these listed on ebay for quite a bit and threw it in the "What is this disc worth" thread but never got a solid answer.

If I were to sell it would it be worth $25? $50? I heard the 10x are really rare.