• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Applebachsville, PA

Nockamixon State Park

4.385(based on 76 reviews)

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about Nockamixon State Park

Bumping this since Nockamixon DGC in its full 18-hole layout is now completely reopened. Threw a round with my brother late yesterday afternoon. My first full round there in several years and let me tell you: she still bares her teeth like back in the day.

Holes 3,4, & 5 were the last of the holes to get cleared out before the complete reopening and they are looking great. In fact, while on the middle of the fairway throwing the uphill hole 3, we bumped into a volunteer with his tractor working hard still clearing away tree limbs and brush. Had a nice conversation and thanked him for the humongous effort.

All said and done, I got completely humbled and destroyed by the course but that was to be expected for my first time back on this very very hot day. The back nine is in better shape as the front nine still could use more clearing away. Hole 14 (my ongoing bugaboo - WHAT a slog!) still looks like it did way back when - someone's huge backyard. The beautiful views and vistas of 15 (still have that breathtaking view of the marina at lakeside as you approach the latter part of the hole),16, 17, & 18 are all still there.

Took nearly 3 hours to complete the full 18 (some of this was spent searching for my water bottle that I thought I lost but ended up having fell out of my bag and still in the trunk of my brother's car - easy retrieval as the parking lot is close to hole 10 too). Cannot wait to return for another drubbing, lol. Glad to have this beast back in the mix in southeastern PA disc golf. Pix of 3,4, & 5 (in that order) follow:

0625241746.jpg0625241747.jpg0625241803.jpg

Nocky 14 already got 5 stars from me (in my top 10 courses all time). How does the new one compare?

That hole 13ish tunnel shot (pic 2) is always so intimidating.

So happy to hear, I'll be visiting soon.