• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Got my jawbreaker comet, it flexed out of a big anny line, first time I've had a comet do that
I had the same thing happen throwing mine today. I was throwing it on mostly flat release lines an comparing the glide and fade compared to other stable/over stable comets. Then I tried a big sweeping anny glide out shot and watched it turn out and finish hyzer.

These jawbreaker flex Z's are certainly overstable. I'm very curious how they'll handle wind and if what the break in will look like.

I don't need any more Comets. I have more than I will ever throw. I've been playing the one-off specialty run game for too long. I'm done with this madness. Also, I haven't thrown since April 21st; I moved, I know no one, and I jut haven't been super motivated to go throw. So I don't even play disc golf anymore. I certainly don't need more golf discs I won't throw.

So, uhhhh...How would you compare this to a Roc?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
I don't need any more Comets. I have more than I will ever throw. I've been playing the one-off specialty run game for too long. I'm done with this madness. Also, I haven't thrown since April 21st; I moved, I know no one, and I jut haven't been super motivated to go throw. So I don't even play disc golf anymore. I certainly don't need more golf discs I won't throw.

So, uhhhh...How would you compare this to a Roc?
Closer than any Comet before it, other than maybe the Ron Russells.

I was in a store the other day and had the opportunity to feel a Big Z Comet. It was super flat, and felt great. Might make a perfect complement to my glow Roc3s.
I'd like to buy it, but am curious if it will fly at all like one I had back in the day. It was a domey Z. No fade, just huge glide and practically no turn. I just could never get over the uncomfortable amount of dome, and weird feel in the hand.

Also, does anybody have experience with the MJ Z UV comets? I like the idea of a glow compliment, too.

I was in a store the other day and had the opportunity to feel a Big Z Comet. It was super flat, and felt great. Might make a perfect complement to my glow Roc3s.
I'd like to buy it, but am curious if it will fly at all like one I had back in the day. It was a domey Z. No fade, just huge glide and practically no turn. I just could never get over the uncomfortable amount of dome, and weird feel in the hand.

Also, does anybody have experience with the MJ Z UV comets? I like the idea of a glow compliment, too.
Depends a bit on the thrower, when it comes to the Big Z stability. I find them on the overstable side for a Comet, but I lack any heavy, old Z ones to compare to. My throw is very touchy though, and I tend to prefer my light weight Comets. For someone with a bit more power to their throw, they would probably be pretty straight compared to how they fly for me.

The UV Z ones are comparable to the Z Swirl ones Ledgestone sells. Significantly more turn resistance than one would typically expect from a Comet, and a more pronounced fade. I use the Z Swirl for shots I want to really get some oomph into, but don't want to turn too far. The UV ones I have fly about the same, but the straight portion of their flight is maybe a small bit longer.

Latest posts