• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Difference between a 1000 rated round and a 1000 rated player?

I think a big reason why there aren't any 1000 rated women is that there are barely any women who play disc golf. And I think an elegant symbol of why there are barely any women who play disc golf is threads like this one.

Call me skeptical, but I doubt that there are many women sitting around reading DGCR and saying, "That settles it: I'm never playing disc golf!"

Putting. Has no one mentioned this? To be a thousand rated you have to make putts. Do you know any thousand rated players you call bad putters?

I think the distance where you need to change your putting stance to gain more power as you move back from the basket is a separate element from how far you drive. The players who have more arm/wrist and leg power to maintain form farther from the basket than others are likely more consistent putters.

Competition drives competition. The more disc golf becomes mainstream, more and more of the athlete's athlete will start to play. The more athletes that play, the higher the talent level becomes for both men and women. I would venture to say if there currently were the same number of athletic women competing as there are athletic men competing now, the 1000 rated FPO player would have already happened either because the talent pool increased, or the FPO tour/ratings standards changed to facilitate a larger female player pool.

Nope. Paige Pierce throws farther than Yeti. Its an overall game that will get you to that 1000+ level. Mind you putting is probably the #1 priority.

Well yeah, but yeti is probably one of the best putters of all time. Being an all time great at one skill is a pretty big leg up on the field.

Call me skeptical, but I doubt that there are many women sitting around reading DGCR and saying, "That settles it: I'm never playing disc golf!"

Perhaps you're skepticism is warranted. Let's assume, for the sake of your argument and contrary to all known facts, that there are many women reading DGCR ever. Making this assumption, maybe this thread of 50+ posts, each written by a man, each talking about women, will, contrary to all logic, prove to be a giant source of encouragement for these many phantom women DGCR readers and prove to be an inspiration for these many women as they pursue their disc golf dreams and will also stoke their passion for the game.

I'm guessing the opposite. 1) that there are hardly any women reading DGCR & 2) if there are any women reading this thread, they aren't gonna be too stoked by it & 3) this thread is a SYMBOL, just one example among many others, illustrating why hardly any women play disc golf.

I'm guessing the opposite. 1) that there are hardly any women reading DGCR & 2) if there are any women reading this thread, they aren't gonna be too stoked by it & 3) this thread is a SYMBOL, just one example among many others, illustrating why hardly any women play disc golf.

Given that the title of this thread is off the mark with respect to the gender issue, who knows... But I assume that you are bang on. This kind of stuff irritates my wife like mad.

Given that the title of this thread is off the mark with respect to the gender issue, who knows... But I assume that you are bang on. This kind of stuff irritates my wife like mad.

The title of this thread is DEF off the mark. But not with respect to gender issues. The title of the thread is off the mark with respect to the original post. The original post asks why there aren't any 1000 rated women pros and that's not mentioned in the title at all. Title was def off the mark.

The rest of the thread is all about women. I just thought it was ironic that a lively discussion about women was occurring without the contributions of any women. Then I heard in my head the braying voices of all the disc golf pundits who remain perpetually flummoxed by the fact that no women play disc golf and the original irony became even richer and more vivid to me.

Your wife? Lol. My gf wouldn't make it past page 1 of this thread. I didn't think she could despise disc golf any more than she already does, but I could always send her a link to this post and say, "read this." Lol.

What exactly is the issue with this thread? Honest question. It seems to me like a pretty level headed discussion for the most part. I see a lot of people talking pretty objectively about disc golf skills in general, and how they pertain to women. If I'm off the mark I'd like to know why.

I think possibly a few female golfers will be on the PGA Tour in the next 8 - 10 years. Andrea Lee is not scared of anyone and has the game to compete at any level. I also think Madaline Sagstrom and Gaames or Galmes (can't remember first name, possibly from Spain?) have a shot.

What exactly is the issue with this thread? Honest question.

Lol. I don't know, man. Ask a woman.

From my perspective, there's no real issue with the thread. It doesn't make any difference to me if women play disc golf or not. And I don't really think why FPO's aren't rated higher is all that interesting. I just thought it was hilarious and beautifully ironic, as I was initially making my way through this thread, that every opinion in this thread about how all women play disc golf belongs to and is expressed by a man.

And to the many guys who want women to like disc golf as much as they do and are frustrated & confused why more women can't be persuaded to play, this thread is very significant.

Lol. I don't know, man. Ask a woman.

From my perspective, there's no real issue with the thread. It doesn't make any difference to me if women play disc golf or not. And I don't really think why FPO's aren't rated higher is all that interesting. I just thought it was hilarious and beautifully ironic, as I was initially making my way through this thread, that every opinion in this thread about how all women play disc golf belongs to and is expressed by a man.

And to the many guys who want women to like disc golf as much as they do and are frustrated & confused why more women can't be persuaded to play, this thread is very significant.

So you're just trolling then. Gotcha.

this thread is a SYMBOL, just one example among many others, illustrating why hardly any women play disc golf.

This gender of respondents in this thread may be a symbol THAT hardly any women play disc golf, but it's simply arrant nonsense to infer from that that this and similar threads are a symbol of WHY hardly any women play disc golf.

C brown is full of brown.

"elegant symbol" would imply that this thread is a trendy example of why there are not many woman disc golfers?! ummmmmmm WUT?

Ever think that girls in general have a lower participation in MANY "sports" across the board? Just like there are more professional woman cheerleaders vs football players. Get real.

"Difference between a 1000 rated round and a 1000 rated player?"

A 1000 rated round from someone rated lower than 1000 simply means that player has the ability to shoot that well once in a while. A 1000 rated played means he routinely plays at 1000 or better and rarely plays less than that.

Latest posts