• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different between distance and fairway draivers

Johny

Hi,
My accurate distance is over 100m/330ft. Distance difference between my fairway driver Striker and distance driver Trespass is only few metres or ft. What you think i am doing wrong or should i just threw my distance drivers out of my bag?

Thank you!

At that distance, you really don't have the arm speed to get a full flight out of anything fast. I don't either, so I only keep a couple of speed 10, more for line shaping than distance, everything else is slower.

I also think i have a nose problem but no..(i were working on it last two weeks) so more training with fairway drivers and maybe someday with distance drivers!

Thank you guys!

I also think i have a nose problem but no..(i were working on it last two weeks) so more training with fairway drivers and maybe someday with distance drivers!

Thank you guys!

The only way to truly tell is to post a video if you throwing. That way we can help with other potential form issues that may be causing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys!

Keep throwing the distance drivers, especially in the field. I think it's a problem mentally to hold off on them too long and then when you can "finally" throw them you always have that thought of "this is the fast disc...I need to smash it" and it makes people more likely to yank or torque the throw. If it's just normal to throw it, even if just in practice, then that won't happen.

But of course if you're achieving the same shots on the course with a fairway then it's a good idea to throw the fairway in that situation since they can be more forgiving of going way off line on a small mistake.

Strikers go far. IMO a speed 6/7 is more of a true fairway driver speed. Makes sense you don't see a ton of difference at that max d between the two molds.

Just keep crushing.

Tipping back onto and past the back leg (spine tilts backwards) and your weight is past the back foot. It might feel like you're getting ready to throw, but actually your weight is sloshing backwards instead of loading into the rear hip. The weight transfer/plant isn't quite right either but fix up the loading stage/balance first to see if that helps things. Also make sure you plant your front foot 90 degrees/closed to the target...don't open it up early.

^^ agree. You aren't getting into your hips properly and swiveling them more centered in place/quicker. Your rear hip is orbiting around the front hip - so your rotational axis is swaying out and around and slower. Your backswing is not leveraged as you lean/tip and turn back too early - fairly classic stuff covered in many other threads.

I tried something new, to keep upper body back, while I am extending front leg and reachback a little later. Also I tried to not not fully extend the rear leg.

Here I am making basic technique mistakes, but I am trying the full reachback. Meaning that usually I reach my hand back, but this time I turned my left shoulder back. Actually doing this gave me like extra 20-30 ft with these practice shots. I know it looks bad, and it was all left and right on field, lost alot of accuracy, but the disc came out of hand much faster because of extra reachback. Actually this felt quite uncomfortable because of huge upper body rotation that I am not used to.

You're not rotating inside of your posture, and reaching back early. Squeeze between the knees. See slow motion of Schusterick and notice how he rotates and when he rotates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
My accurate distance is over 100m/330ft. Distance difference between my fairway driver Striker and distance driver Trespass is only few metres or ft. What you think i am doing wrong or should i just threw my distance drivers out of my bag?

Thank you!

I don't know about everyone else's game, but I'm finding out as my form, game, distance, etc, improves I use fairway drivers less and less. Actually...in the last 2 tournaments I don't think I pulled one out of the bag. Main reason is if I need "fairway driver" distance I can pull it off with holding back on a driver, or throwing a mid with more power.

Latest posts