• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different between distance and fairway draivers

I tried something new, to keep upper body back, while I am extending front leg and reachback a little later. Also I tried to not not fully extend the rear leg.

Here I am making basic technique mistakes, but I am trying the full reachback. Meaning that usually I reach my hand back, but this time I turned my left shoulder back. Actually doing this gave me like extra 20-30 ft with these practice shots. I know it looks bad, and it was all left and right on field, lost alot of accuracy, but the disc came out of hand much faster because of extra reachback. Actually this felt quite uncomfortable because of huge upper body rotation that I am not used to.
Why are you posting in this thread?

Better backswing, but still too late getting off your rear foot and not really internally rotating/loading in your rear hip.

I don't know about everyone else's game, but I'm finding out as my form, game, distance, etc, improves I use fairway drivers less and less. Actually...in the last 2 tournaments I don't think I pulled one out of the bag. Main reason is if I need "fairway driver" distance I can pull it off with holding back on a driver, or throwing a mid with more power.

I throw a lot more fairway drivers on wooded courses. They hold tighter lines. Color glow Leo3 for life.

Latest posts