• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Different Eraser Wizards?

I have an eraser wizard and an sss wizard. My advice...pick up one of each. I usually reach for the sss wizard though. The difference in grip is hard to notice but the way they grab the chains is a little different.

Grape wizard

I found this one in my custom orders. Didn't even know they had them til someone mentioned it. I was just checking the weights and saw the markings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 61
anybody feel up any erasor magics?

I have four and use as my main putter. A touch stiffer than my three eraser Wizards and not quite as grippy. Still feel great though. I bought all four from Marshall Street.

I forgot about USPS still making package deliveries on Saturday, and I came in through the front door of my building this morning to find my box of E-25 Wizards sitting on the mailboxes. Talk about a great surprise!

First impression...if these are two flex pounds away from being too stiff, then new G9i's are WAY too firm. I still would like to know what the G9i flex number that started all the drama was, but these are pretty firm. After feeling these, I still believe that the McPros (bought my non-blacks in the first Proshop allotment and blacks in the second allotment) are too firm.

As for the E25s, there is some (slight) give to the flightplate, and these are anything but Eraser grippy. They are slightly tacky but fairly slick. I don't have any of the new stamp Erasers to compare, but I have some from the previous "throwing Wizard" stamps that were marked SSS. I putt with G9i's, and my current one is about as "soft" now after probably 5000 putts as these are new. It has a slightly better grip than when it was new, but the E25's have a slightly better grip. The thing that I don't like is these molded up with a higher shoulder than the G9i's and have a small-ish dome.

Even with the dome and shoulder, I'm looking forward to throwing these a little today. I generally only putt Wizards but will throw these off the tee a little with a newer G9i to hopefully get some decent impressions about whether I plan on keeping these to throw or collect dust.

Has anybody noticed that the new Eraser Wizards have a slight +mold? The one I got does, I did comparison tests with all of my other Wizards(14 of them)and they all had the same inner rim except for the new Eraser.

Has anybody noticed that the new Eraser Wizards have a slight +mold? The one I got does, I did comparison tests with all of my other Wizards(14 of them)and they all had the same inner rim except for the new Eraser.

Please send me one so I can conduct additional testing and evaluation. Thanks.

Got out and threw the E25's a little yesterday. I mostly putted with them, and I loved the grip. What I didn't love was the chunk that was taken out of the bead when I hit the top of the chastity belt. Holy cow. I know people were slamming the G9i's for their lack of durability, but I've never had anything like that happen to my G's. I didn't throw it off the tee as a result. Will have to take them to a field and see how they fly.

Overall, they were grippy and comfortable in the hand, and they putted nice. With their lack of durability, I just don't know if I'll keep them in the bag for anything but water shots.

Hey tbird, how are the E-25 Erasers marked on the backside? With just "ËR" like the rest of the newer runs of Erasers, or are they marked to somehow denote they are the E-25 run?

Hey tbird, how are the E-25 Erasers marked on the backside? With just "ËR" like the rest of the newer runs of Erasers, or are they marked to somehow denote they are the E-25 run?

Mine are marked as follows

ER-WIZ
25 (25 is on a separate line)

Again, I haven't felt a new Eraser, but I doubt you'd mistake these as normal Erasers. They're considerably slicker (and A LOT firmer) than the SSS-marked Erasers I have.

Last edited:
Got out and threw the E25's a little yesterday. I mostly putted with them, and I loved the grip. What I didn't love was the chunk that was taken out of the bead when I hit the top of the chastity belt. Holy cow. I know people were slamming the G9i's for their lack of durability, but I've never had anything like that happen to my G's. I didn't throw it off the tee as a result. Will have to take them to a field and see how they fly.

Overall, they were grippy and comfortable in the hand, and they putted nice. With their lack of durability, I just don't know if I'll keep them in the bag for anything but water shots.

I got one earlier in the month, not knowing what the 25 was about, and noticed it took considerable damage just from putting at a basket. It was a bit too firm for putting for me anyway so I haven't touched it since. Not sure how it would hold up in the long run.

So is there a way by looking at the stamp to tell if a disc is an older eraser vs a new run eraser?

Blue is a 25 and the purple is an SSS, sorry about the dark pic I basically have to use to flash for everything to get my phone to take a decent pic, .....I really like the feel of both and the instantly kicked my chalky and g9i out of the bag. Played league with them and sure they got some dings and I went to town with the 25 on the teepad to get the flashing off but I wouldn't say there is any more wear than any other wizard I have would take. Then again I'm looking at my chalky and it does seem like its holding up pretty well.

Either way though these things feel amazing...yes the 25 is stiffer and have a little, key word a little, less grip than the regular eraser but its still really grippy. Far moreso then my G9i.....I don't have any old run erasers so I can't compare it to that....