• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dipped pull, throwing ~400ft.

charmees

Par Member
I have dipped pull issue.
Here I am throwing star destroyer ~400ft. This hyzer is normal for this disc. This time it did not flip up at all, got it too high, but this destroyer is pretty beat in and can take this hyzer flip.

I noticed avery has dipped pull also, not so severe as mine tho.

How much am I losing distance because of this and how to get rid of it?
Any more tips?

I don't think your arm is an issue. It's your crouched x-step and late weightshift. You are rising upward/standing up thru the shot as you are pushing up off your rear leg too late after you plant and end in up in too wide stance.

Watch Seppo and how he really pushes/extends/hops off the right foot going into the left x-step and falls more into the plant.

If you watch Avery his rear foot leaves the ground before the swing so his CoG stays more compressed and level thru the shot and he is in much narrower stance/compact weightshift. Also watch how your rear foot leaves the ground and goes to the left while Avery's goes to the right behind the front foot.

QYvGi58.png

Seppo just released a new vlog, on this drive looks dipped also.
2:47 minutes in video