• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc after leopard

I bag a 168ish goldline saint to fit the gap between leopard and teebird. It's a bit faster too which is a good combination with the mild headwinds I'd be using it in.

Since you like pro plastic, I suggest you get a pro valk and a pro beast and let them duke it out. Play some rounds where you throw two drives on each hole, one drive with each disc. Throw the valk first on even numbered holes and the beast first on odd numbered holes. Let us know how it goes.

Definitely a Pro Valk would be your best bet as a step up distance driver if you like Pro plastic.

Keep your Leopards in the bag. Get a 175 champ Leo if you feel the need for stability. There are a bunch of faster 9's and 10's to choose from. You already have the Amp. I wouldn't buy anything at the moment. Keep throwing the Amp until it gets too flippy for you.

s-line and c-line td rush. the s line will beat into a longer leopard and a nice pop top c-line can fight a bit of wind.

Try 150 star bird or 160 Dx tee bird. Not nearly as over stable as champ tee bird . Gazelle might a be a good fit also. I like my cheetah , flies a lot like a Leo, but tends to flex back out of turn more consistently for a nice s flight.the next logical step in speed might be a Valkyrie, but distance record with a Valkyrie is like 820 . so do we really need a Valkyrie? I am starting to throw over 300 on the reg, but don't see the need for more speed than 6-7.(unless conditions call for it. I throw a lighter wraith for mild wind duty, but too much disc for me over all. One disc that I found that fits that slot well is the Polaris ls. Sort of between tee bird and to for me, and the dx like plastic is super grippy, durable for lower plastic and has better glide than champ tl. Tteebird tl might fit slot well for u, I have just gone back to dx for glide n grip.

I am voting TL/Valkyrie. I lost my beat in teebird at a tournament, someone recommended a TL, and I've never looked back. The TL has actually been thrown more than the Teebird.

I would throw a valkyrie. It'll be forgiving like the leopard and give you some more distance as you get better with it. I think they are a great intro into DDs.

:thmbup: :thmbup:Completely Agree! I Learned to play with a Valkyrie 172g [9][4][-2][2]
shopping
shopping
from a local Dick's Sporting Goods. My wife had purchased a Leopard 150g [6][5][-2][1], and it flew almost identical to the Valkyrie, except it was about 30 yards or so shorter for me.

I also made the rookie mistake of thinking if a speed (9) disc went almost 300' for me, a speed 13 disc would be better. My rookie attempts to throw a Champion Groove were dismal and unencouraging to say the least. There were times when I thought it wasn't even possible to throw that thing more than 150', without it's hard tilt to the right (I'm a lefty) but after playing for a few months, slowly saw that I was able to get it to fly farther and farther before the aforementioned plummet to the ground! :)
The Valkyrie was an awesome learner disc for me, I still use it somewhere on every coarse we play.

I'd recommend a Star Roadrunner and a Star Valk.

I use Pro Valks too, but only for uphill, tailwind, hyzer flips and turnovers...they're way more understable than Star Valks, and maybe that's not what you're looking for.

Beast vs valkery for sure! Also I keep a teebird in my bag for lazer controled drives, and use my leopard for line shaping.
For me, I liked the beast more than the valk ,but now I use my beast mostly for turnover shots. I also double that a star teebird always has a place in my bag

Sometimes a Teebird is just misunderstood by newer players.
They will not make an S - type flight like some other discs.
Straight with fade is what they do, and you need this in your bag sometimes.

If you want some S - turn shaped flight, an Eagle might be better for you.
It will fly a little like a Teebird at first, but should season into a nice flyer.

Valkyrie, beast, or groove. The leopard has a -2/1 all of those mentioned are -2/2 just much faster

Seems like the longer this thread goes on, the higher speed the discs that are recommended.

That said, let me be the first to say that having a Tern in your bag will do you right. :)