• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc bag alternative

krjones4

i received a camelbak cloudwalker backpack today that i got for cheap since it is last years model. from looking at it it looks like you could fit 7-8 discs and be able to put them in and out easily. i was wondering if anyone else has done this or knows someone who has and how well it works

I have thought about using my camelbak to do this. It would hold 8 discs or so plus lots of water/beer.........

Just try it out for a few rounds, If it's comfortable and holds discs - why the hell not!

My buddy uses a WW-II ammo-bag. I've seen people use regular back packs, those soft lunch box/cooler things, sinch bags, etc.

yeah it seems it should work fine. the only problem im seeing is keeping the discs in the upper half of the pack for easy access. im thinking maybe just putting a towel in the lower part or if need be i could attempt some type of frame to fit in

Theres a very good Am1 player around here that has a Jansport backpack with a Revolution frame jammed into the bottom of it. It works great for him and its really easy to carry

I've been using the same old Timberland backpack as my disc golf bag since 2002 when the main zipper broke and I could no longer use it for carrying books/papers... but the discs fit in their great, it's well made, comfortable, and very light. For a tournament, I usually have 14 discs, plus water bottle, a few snacks, an emergency Mt. Dew, and a towel or two in there...

The only problem is it sometimes tries to roll away when I set it down on hills because it kind of molds around the round shape of the discs depending on how things are arranged -- I've had to chase it once or twice. But I've promised myself I'm not buying a real disc golf bag... I have to get good enough and win one before I deserve to carry one.

Wal-mart used to carry a fold-out "fisherman's chair" (the type that uses 2 rectangular frames bolted together in the middle with a piece of cloth across one end) that had a shoulder strap and 2 side pouches that could hold 3-5 discs each....and I'm pretty sure it was under $10.

I saw a guy with one once...the chair would pretty much unfold itself when he took it off his shoulder and started to sit it down. Seemed like a no fuss set-up.

Latest posts