• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc brands you dislike

Disc brands you dislike

• Innova

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Dynamic

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • Lat 64

Votes: 45 14.6%
  • Westside

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • Legacy

• MVP

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 131 42.4%
  • Daredevil

• Gateway

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • DGA

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Element Disc

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Reptilian Disc Golf

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Aerobie

Votes: 87 28.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Ozone

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Yikun

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • RPM Discs

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
I'm a little meh on Ti plastic. It looks cool, but the discs I've tried it in are super overstable. The colors are all muted dark tones that are hard to find in the weeds.

I was fortunate in that my local PIAS had a nice blue Nate Doss 3x Ti Buzzz. The blue was not cyan but not dark blue, but is a nice swirly true blue. The Ti plastic feels really good in the hand, and has been durable (lots of shots in the woods, and it's holding up). It also flies well.

The blue Ti Buzzz I ordered as a backup also was a nice blue color that is easy to find. They're both a little more stable than my Glo Buzzz (the only other Buzzz I have), but not all that much more.

My AvengerSS is a silver color, not quite as easy to see, but it's not the earthen colors that disappear in pine straw. My Z AvengerSS is a bright pink that is hard to miss. The Z plastic disc is a good bit more understable than the Ti disc.

I do agree that wayyyy too many Ti discs are in those dark and earthen colors that dissuade people from purchasing them. I'd love it if Discraft put out more disc in Ti plastic in brighter colors.

I think one of the things I like about Discraft is they don't make 5 of essentially the same disc like Innova does. Each Discraft driver is its own distinct mold. No ridiculous overlap.

Besides every other disc having an SS/OS counterpart?? Buzzz, Nuke, Crank, Avenger, Surge, Challenger all have multiples molds based off of one. :doh:

Besides every other disc having an SS/OS counterpart?? Buzzz, Nuke, Crank, Avenger, Surge, Challenger all have multiples molds based off of one. :doh:

I think what he meant was meant was no overlap. Like the Wraith/Destroyer or Shryke/Tern. Yes those are different discs with slightly different flights, but essentially the same.

I think what he meant was meant was no overlap. Like the Wraith/Destroyer or Shryke/Tern. Yes those are different discs with slightly different flights, but essentially the same.

I don't agree with this at all. I mean, Wraith and Destroyer are very similar, but that's part of the beauty of Innova's driver lineup. You can find the same basic disc in different "speeds". That's my biggest beef with Discraft.

Shryke and Tern aren't even in the same family.

I don't agree with this at all. I mean, Wraith and Destroyer are very similar, but that's part of the beauty of Innova's driver lineup. You can find the same basic disc in different "speeds". That's my biggest beef with Discraft.

I agree with you. With Discraft it's all over the place. Also, they've tried to make a Destroyer for years now and have come up short every time.

I agree with you. With Discraft it's all over the place. Also, they've tried to make a Destroyer for years now and have come up short every time.

I am actually carrying a Punisher right now just to see how it seasons and to compare with Destroyers. Problem is, I get so few opportunities to throw that kind of disc in a round that it may never season.

I agree with you. I seem to be drawn to drivers with turn & fade ratings of -1, 3. With Innova, I can get those numbers as a speed 7, 10, 11, 12, and probably a couple others I'm missing.

I guess the closest thing Discraft has to the Destroyer is still the Nuke. I'd say Crank, but the Crank is noticeably more understable than a Destroyer.

I think part of why I grew to like Discraft is that it was basically the only other company around when I started playing DG in '05. I got used to their discs and their idiosyncrasies. I still think their lineup is quite a bit less cluttered than Innova, but Innova also fills literally EVERY conceivable option for any speed/stability of disc.

ESP and Z are top notch plastic blends though. Very durable and they fly well.

Last edited:
I wish Discraft would nuke their lineup and just start over.

haha I see what you did there.... In all seriousness though, all of their "new" molds within the past few years (aside from Ace Race molds) have been re-tooled molds that have existed for years. Undertaker= Retooled Tracker, Thrasher= Re-tooled Flash, Machete= Re-tooled Crush, Punisher= Surge Variant.

I had a female disc golfer tell me that one of the DD girls was giving her **** for throwing "****ty" Innova discs here in Emporia. I cannot stand their holier than though sells approach and the fanboys that trash Innova.

I had a female disc golfer tell me that one of the DD girls was giving her **** for throwing "****ty" Innova discs here in Emporia. I cannot stand their holier than though sells approach and the fanboys that trash Innova.

This sounds familiar, but I get it coming from some Innova only baggers, when they see my mostly Discraft bag. I think fanboys can be found in the few fast, up and coming companies, but also definitely with Innova. I've never heard bluster from the players bagging the underdogs (in market share or social media presence). I couldn't imagine someone disdainfully looking at my bag and saying I should only "throw rubber". Wouldn't happen. They don't have the tribal support...

I wasnt saying that was a bad thing about Innova, I was just trying to clarify what someone else was saying. I personally like this about Innova, but someone else may not like so much duplication. Maybe they like simple lineups; kind of like what Prodigy has at the moment. And yeah, the Shryke, Tern comparison was perhaps not the best one.

I'm really surprised people find any way to trash Innova. They're still (by far) the largest disc manufacturer and have done way more than any other company to grow the sport over the years. I also find it hard to believe that anyone can say they don't like any of Innova's discs in any plastic.

Plus, if you look around at all the highly collectible discs out there, 90% of them are Innova.

I bet the only reason Innova gets dissed in Emporia is that DD is based there. The only thing to do in that case is go out with Innova discs and beat the DD players on their home courses.

I for one don't have loyalty to any one brand. My bag is about half Discraft and half Innova with 1 Lat64 disc mixed in.

I don't scoff at what people throw. If they can get it done on the course I don't care what discs they use to do so.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but where is QuestAT??

Excuse me, Discraft has the best mid lineup of any company.

Plus they have the Comet...only the best disc ever made

They have a good one. It's what they do best. It's definitely not the best. DD is the best, and if you combine all three of the Trilogy companies, it's total domination.

Latest posts