• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Charger

None in charlotte, thank god, there's enough stupid stuff drawn on the benches, signs and other senseless places. Did see a devils eye(?), really not sure if thats what its called, drawn in the dirt on hole 7 at Kilborne. Like I said, I'm not sure what they're called, but apparantly if you are Satan or a spawn of the affore mentioned you will be sucked into the portal...idk smh

was playing buckhorn with new013 tonight and there it was, on hole one's bench.

facepalm

he birdied and I should have, neither of us used the charger

Last edited:
...Come on bogey, the face on hudson's hole 11 is cool (imo) with the 11 as the eyes. The stump at r hills chill spot that looks like a bear is cool too.
I agree, that it can be cute, and a select few pieces of grafiti really are art, but the vast majority simply isn't. Also, if everyone who has the inclination to do so actually does, pretty soon it's all over the tee signs, benches, tables, baskets. Firefighters Park in Troy is a prime example: Last year they put in new tables, nicely finished in a polyurethane clear coat. Wasn't even a few weeks before they were covered with black sharpie - no clue if any of them are disc chargers, but I do know most of it is stupid, useless, or vulgar. ...don't even get me started on the tee signs.

So I ask: Where's the line between art and vandalism? What's funny/cute and what's vulgar? Who decides? Why do tables on/near courses typically have more sharpie work on them than tables in other parts of the park? You think that doesn't impact decisions to invest $$ towards course installations, expansions, or improvements?

Why not draw debit card chargers on store counters?* Now that'd be great idea!
But people know it's wrong because it ain't theirs. What makes stuff in a public park any different?

* immediately regrets writing that because he knows some idiot's gonna start doing it.

Last edited:
Used one again today.

Wow!!!

It's a 110 unit plugged into 220 and I left it on the charger too long.

I threw my disc 500 feet........past the basket!

Hit a tree......and knocked it over!

Was asked to leave the park when I shanked a drive and destroyed the entrance booth.

Those chargers really ought to have warning label on them.

was playing buckhorn with new013 tonight and there it was, on hole one's bench.

facepalm

he birdied and I should have, neither of us used the charger

which proves it's better to just point and laugh at the charger than use it to get those abilities.

kentwood has a few too... soon they'll be everywhere.

Three rules to prevent them from showing up everywhere...

First, Keep them out of bright light. Especially sunlight.

Second, don't give it any water.

But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, never feed it after midnight.

You've all been warned.

: ominousface :

Two at Moraine (Hole #7 IIRC):
attachment.php
attachment.php

One at Knob Hill (#3 I think?)
attachment.php

:(

Attachments

• _dc1.jpg
    _dc1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 276
  • _dc2.jpg
    _dc2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 270
  • _dc3.jpg
    _dc3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 268
A disc sized circle usualy drawn on a picnic table or tee pad, where you place your disc before you throw to enhance it with magical abilities.
some are just poser chargers though. have to be careful which you use.

they been around for some years. cant remember where i first saw one but it was a long time ago.
Graffiti :thmbdown: .
yup...but better than a dick or ".....is gay" written in the same spot.

Middle Creek in Cary NC has them. First time I've ever seen them.

I didn't read the whole thread, but they are here in the ATX at Zilker. Austin does attract lots of people from all over the country, so maybe not too surprising.

I only use them as a joke if other people are nearby. And by other people, I mean my kids. Because I'm their dad (as far as anyone knows) and they think I'm funny.