• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf after Pacemaker Surgery

goldengary76

Had a question if anyone had any information or suggestions...I recently (Nov. 20) had an emergency pacemaker put in to correct a heart condition brought on by Lyme Disease. Does anyone have any experience with trying to come back from that type of surgery? I am fairly young for the procedure (39) so I am hoping to be back very soon. Also, be wary of ticks and Lyme symptoms as this caught me completely off guard, and was lucky to catch it when I did. Thanks again!

RN here. Ask your doctor. Though many turn to the sage medical wisdom of DGCR, it is best to leave this kind of stuff to the professionals. Sorry to hear about your Lyme, that does suck.

LOL-Definately going to check with doctor next week and whatever he says goes...I was just checking to see if anyone had ever played after this type of surgery and what hurdles I can expect. The pacemaker is under my muscle so it shouldn't be a restriction once I am all healed up...thanks again for the replies and kind words!