• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Anniversary Bag Revision

treehugger87

I've been playing disc golf for a year now and I felt like it was time to put my bag up for critique. I just recently made some nice distance gains in the past few weeks. This encouraged the though that I should look at what is in my bag. I have some tournaments to play in the next few months and I'm hoping to simplify my bag and continue to elevate my game. I'm open to suggestions on everything and my main goal is to cut down on molds. So here goes:

Drivers
-Z Nuke SS, 173g
-X Avenger, 171g
-DX Wraith, 173g (lightly beat)
-DX Valk, 172g (lightly beat)
-ESP Avenger SS, 174g
-DX Destroyer, 167g

Fairway Drivers
-Z Glide, 165g
-Z Zombee, 173g
-DX Eagle, 175g (Really beat)
-ESP XL, 172g

Mids
-Pro-D Buzzz, 175g (beat)
-Z Buzzz SS, 177+g
-Ti Buzzz, 175g

Putters

-Pro-D Magnet, 175g (beat)
-Firm Vibram Sole, 175g
-DX Aviar P&A, 175g

Occasionals

-Pro SF, 175g
-Champ Beast, 175g
-BC DS, 142g
-ES DS, 168g
-X Wildcat, 171g
-Star SW, 175g

Any suggestions?

Your main goal is a good goal. I can imagine if you keep using the top 3 from your distance drivers and top 2 from every other category and buy fresh discs of those same molds you'll be doing yourself better.

I would keep, for example:
Drivers
-DX Valk, 172g (lightly beat) or -ESP Avenger SS, 174g (assuming either flies understable for you)
-DX Destroyer, 167g (provided it is always overstable)
-Z Nuke SS, 173g (understable to overstable)

Fairway Drivers
-ESP XL, 172g (overstable)
-DX Eagle, 175g (Really beat) [understable, add a second for stable]

Mids
(All Buzzz's which is A-OK in my book)

Putters
Pick your favorite and add two more, one in the same plastic and the other in another plastic.

By "occasionals" do you mean discs you take out for specific circumstances like rollers, overhands, or headwinds? You could always stick with the molds I mentioned above and get them in different weights/plastics for different flights.

My bag has changed a little since the last post I made. I got rid of the ESP XL and added an ESP Predator, mostly because the XL was flying straighter than I needed for the shot that it was being utilized for. I also added 4 Magnets to my collection; a heavier beat one (original), a lighter new one and some more of different weights. I kept the Aviar P&A because I use it for shorter up-shots. The Starfire and Sidewinder are gone now, too. By occasionals I meant stuff that finds its way into my bag from time to time.

You can easily ditch the Aviar and the Destro and depending on your power the Avenger SS might do what the Valk does so one or the other.

Okay I have my bag set for a tournament this weekend. JR I took your advice and ditched the Aviar and added another of the new Magnets that I bought. I also dropped the Destroyer and added a new Wraith because the older one had lost its stability. I dropped the Valk and kept the ESP Avenger SS and added an older more beat Avenger SS as a situational disc for rollers and the like. So here is my bag as it stands now.

Drivers
-Z Nuke SS
-X Avenger
-DX Wraith (NEW)
-DX Wraith (Beat)
-ESP Avenger SS
-Pro D Avenger SS (Beat)

Fairway Drivers
-Z Glide
-Z Zombee
-DX Eagle (beat)
-ESP Predator

Mids
-Pro D Buzzz
-Z Buzzz SS
-Ti Buzzz

Putters
-Pro D Magnet (175g, beat) putts inside the circle
-Pro D Magnet (171g, new) putts outside the circle
-Pro D Magnet (175g, new) short up-shots

It feels more complete and well-rounded now.

Latest posts