• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISC GOLF GAME - Game demo is here

I am really digging this. I cant wait for the full version! One thing that I think would be cool is to have a more realistic sound of chains when you hit them. The dull thud of chains just doesnt sound right.

Overall I am really excited for this to come out! Really nice work.

Could we potentially see the ability to connect online with friends to play a round together? ;)

I could be missing this...but is there the ability to change the power and release angle for my shots? Getting to that third basket in the demo's challenge is a pain if you have to shoot around the trees or hills and don't want to have to try a skip off the top of a hill to slow the disc down...

Also, how can I change the discs that end up in my bag in the challenge mode? The selection's kinda poor for pulling off a park-job on the second hole without breaking the mando.

Change the angle is your 1-9 and power is O to power down and P is to power up. It's measured in MPH, so that threw me off at first. You can see your power in the list of disc, "J". You can also hit K to change your level. If you chose PC or World champ, you can throw futher.

Hole 2 is a -4 on the angle with the Puttor at about 45 mph.

You can also do a RTC without being able to catch them. That would be a fun add on.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

You can also change throwing power with the mouse scroll-wheel, and hold the scroll-button down and move left/right to change hyzer. Click the scroll-wheel to bring up the disc listing, then again to clear the mouse-cursor.

In the full version, you will name the discs anything you wish, and also change their flight-characteristics. And yes you can easily send the courses you build to other who have the game. You can even send your bag of discs to others.

Until a few days ago, the game could run "windowed", but then I added all the code to change resolution for performance on slow computers. I'll see what I can do to put that option back in.

For the chain sound, I dropped my dog's chain-collar on the table. I really liked that dog. My testers have asked for more sounds also, so I'll see what I can do.

We're on schedule for Dec 1, but if there's any delay in the game release, I'll send out another demo with more features to play with.

yes got a 5.

ace first hole, almost ace second hole, hang on for the ride on hole 3.

btw, gordon, this game is cool.

i have just been making up my own holes on the freeshoot screen. tons of fun. and so much disc selection

DGDAVE said:
Has anyone beat the challenge yet? I keep getting 6 :evil:

Yes, Ace on the first hole with a putter , deuce on the second hole with a buzzer and deuce on the third hole with a sniper.

I am pretty sure that hole 2 and 3 are aceable. I have hit basket on 2 and parked it real close to 3.

Another Mac version vote. And I think you'll find even more Macs among discers than the rest of the US avg.

I got a blue screen of death upon trying to run it last night after installation. I have not have the nerve to give it another shot.

RS39 said:
Another Mac version vote. And I think you'll find even more Macs among discers than the rest of the US avg.

I'll look into a Mac and Linux version, but it won't be real soon. I used tools (OpenGL) that will port to Mac or Linux, but I don't have a Mac to compile it. My Brother has a couple of Macs, so I'll talk to him.

Sorry about the "demo2" error. I fixed it and placed another demo out there.

Jaysus, I haven't had anyone report a "blue-screen", so if you'll give some details about your PC configuration, maybe I can fix it.

Because I let a few errors get out there, I'll activate another challenge or two in the demo, and I'll get it out by Thanksgiving day.

Dude I have been nerding out so much with this game. I love it soo much and my longest throw on it = 602' and I got a 3 on the challenge thingy. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

GORDEN IS DA BOMB!

Great game. Am waiting with baited breath for the real one to come out.

Oh and masterbeato hehe

1000.jpg

idiot said:
yes got a 5.

ace first hole, almost ace second hole, hang on for the ride on hole 3.

btw, gordon, this game is cool.

i have just been making up my own holes on the freeshoot screen. tons of fun. and so much disc selection
I've scored 5 like 20 times, ace on #1, deuce on #2 & #3. Still "challenge not passed".

+You can't use mouse buttons on windowed mode :(

edit:
nimetncb1.jpg