• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISC GOLF GAME - Game demo is here

Any other easter eggs? Spotted Jay Reading and the planet I believe is Mars. Judging by his photo. Oddly vegetated course though for being on Mars.

I think the scoring on the challenges is working now. To make a limited demo, I have to chop stuff out of the game, and I chopped a little too much out. Sorry.

I'll get one or two more challenges in the demo for you guys. Maybe tomorrow.

Check the demo page on the website.

Gordon

I passed the challenge is the demo completely over now?

When this game does come out how much will it cost?

the best drive i could muster is about 550 hyzer flipping a monarch, how the fuck are you guys throwing that far? can you change the wind?

Animix said:
Note - A runup helps your distance, even in the sim :)

after playing around with this, my longest drive was 1088.7 ft.

hyzer flip with my Butterfly :)

Also noteworthy:

If you're in free mode and pull up your list of discs, you can hold control and click on them to put them in the bag for use in challenge play!

yeah building my bag was the first thing i did, due to the lack of being able to beat a disc though i have to have two midrange molds, roc (rocky) and comet (space ice) how are you guys switching to the run up mode?

Demo is not working for me :(

Screenshot:
2258042760014508980S600x600Q85.jpg

XP Home
512 mb ram
nVIDIA GeForce2 Ti video card

Thanks for posting a beautiful screen shot of my game :) ???
That's what the game looks like when running in 256-color (8-bit) mode.
You should not be able to select that mode from the game itself, so maybe your PC is locked into the 8-bit mode.
Look at your Display-Properties,Settings and see what your Windows color mode is.
Are you running Windows from a PC, or running an emulator from another platform?

---
I just uploaded another demo program that should lock-out the possibility of getting into an 8-bit mode. Hope it helps.
This forum is great, and I'll continue to use your feedback to improve this game. Thanks.

I got mine working now :)

Turns out my video driver was obsolete. After I installed the latest driver and reinstalled the demo, all the graphics started working and my frame rate went from 2 to 42. BTW thanks for the help, Gordon.

Hey Gordon the game is looking spectacular since I first played your BETA version months ago. You can really tell you've poured your heart in to it. I finally beat the new putting challenge!

Here are a few ideas I've had since revisiting your game:

On the putting challenge, you may consider capping the disc power to somewhere around 40mph. I noticed on 60mph it's a bit too easy. Also, when starting the challenge over while you're being auto-walked to the next tee, the new round starts you off auto-walking even though you haven't shot yet. MY work-around was just stopping the autowalk and then restarting. It's probably some little variable that needs to be cleared or something. Also, maybe make mando markers a bit more...."mandoish"? Something like arrows or something. I didn't realize I was missing the mando the first few times I played the challenge.

I was really impressed with how detailed you made the flight characteristics. SURPRISED that you even considered nose angle. Way to go!

I assume you will providing free updates/patches for anyone who purchases the retail version correct?

Here are some vague ideas for a future version:

Adding an HUD and having a few characters that are included in the game such as Climo, Fedlberg, Doss, and Jenkins. Then, allowing for a 3rd person view while driving/throwing/putting. Maybe even create a stats system so that selecting Feldberg means hitting 60 foot jumpers more often, selecting Climo means more consistancy, or selecting Jenkins means being able to throw 650'. Also allowing a person to create their character with minimum stats and building stats over time and experience. This would also open the door for Massive Multiplayer options later if you so choose. I know these ideas are pretty far out, but playing your new demo really got me pumped. I'm excited for you and wish I could have helped you out more in the beginning.

Anyway, the game is awesome! You've blown every other disc golf game away, and the new Wii game doesn't stand a chance!

Talk to you soon!

John

hi John.

Thanks for the tips.

BTW, the game is up for sale now on http://www.discflightsim.com

The throwing power on a putting course is capped at 30, so maybe you got an early demo version or something. I'll check it out. When you buy the game, you are given a password which you keep and use to download game fixes and updates (free) whenever I make them.

I'm selling the game on a service in which you can register (free) as an affiliate, then sell the game through a link on Disctribution, and get a percentage of sales. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks.

note: I just changed the demo so your power is capped at 30mph on a putting course. The full game version was always that way. I'll upload it tonight.

gordon said:
hi John.

Thanks for the tips.

BTW, the game is up for sale now on http://www.discflightsim.com

The throwing power on a putting course is capped at 30, so maybe you got an early demo version or something. I'll check it out. When you buy the game, you are given a password which you keep and use to download game fixes and updates (free) whenever I make them.

I'm selling the game on a service in which you can register (free) as an affiliate, then sell the game through a link on Disctribution, and get a percentage of sales. Let me know if you're interested.

I would also like to give away some half-price discount coupons to the members of this forum, because I got some good feedback here. I'll send a note to Blake and ask him to distribute them.

Thanks.
sweet, I'll be picking it up ASAP

Well I purchased the game and I'm loving it! Well done.

The only problem I'm having is that the auto-follow disc seems to be sticky sometimes. It goes in the direction of the disc location but then I stop short somewhere. I've lost a few discs because of it =P Which, in real life happens, and I don't mind having to search for my disc, but what happens is that you then are hung up and unable to complete the hole. Is there something I'm missing? What would be nice is the option or ability to have a hole "do over" or mulligan in case you lose your disc location.

The game is a total blast, and I applaud the work you have done and the contribution you have made to the disc golf community! Thanks for giving us something more modern than the old Innova game to play on our computers and laptops =P

Forgive the programmer speak, but...

if you throw a disc into the water, it will be "dropped" at the last spot it crossed over the plane of the water at the point of entry. Go look for it there. You know you're at the correct disc because it will turn into a mini-marker, as you get behind it.

Be careful not to move out of position before you throw. Look for "Behind disc! Ready." in blue. Then you are ready to throw a legal shot.

If you throw an illegal shot (not behind mini-marker) it might get a little confusing, because the game then considers you a cheater (ha ha just kidding!). If you walk to your disc and it doesn't change to a mini-marker, then you probably were not behind the previous disc correctly. Go back and look for your mini-marker.

Please let me know if this explanation helps. I'm ready to fix any bugs found, and upload a new installer for you.

Thanks.