• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes

Punja

I have been wearing Keen shoes for the last couple of years. Overall, the fit and comfort are great, but the shoes wear out pretty quick (right heel from rotation - RHBH). Any other shoe recommendations? I like waterproof due to local courses having creeks, morning dew, etc.

Aquaseal. Seriously.

No matter which brand of shoes you choose, they're going to get eaten up from rotation, toe dragging, etc., on concrete tee pads. A tube of Aquaseal - urethane repair adhesive and sealant - costs ~$7.00. You can double, maybe triple the life of your shoes by globbing on some Aquaseal on the high-wear spots. There are other brands of similar materials on the market; I prefer Aquaseal because it remains pliable forever. Other brands I've tried become brittle and will crack or peel off after a couple of months.

Get a tube and fix the Keens you already have. Seven bucks. BAM!

Aquaseal. Seriously.

No matter which brand of shoes you choose, they're going to get eaten up from rotation, toe dragging, etc., on concrete tee pads. A tube of Aquaseal - urethane repair adhesive and sealant - costs ~$7.00. You can double, maybe triple the life of your shoes by globbing on some Aquaseal on the high-wear spots. There are other brands of similar materials on the market; I prefer Aquaseal because it remains pliable forever. Other brands I've tried become brittle and will crack or peel off after a couple of months.

WoW, wish I'd read that a few months ago. Great advice.

Alas, I bought some Dela shoes at my local Sock Shop when my and they are working fine too. But I'm gonna get some Aquaseal before I buy more...

^disregard that I thought thread cop had infiltrated my waterproof shoe thread.

You can not go wrong with 5-10 shoes. Been sporting the high top impacts over 2 years. The toe has still not worn through. Bulky at first, but after some time they fit like a glove. The shoe was made for downhill mountain biking (no clips). Don't know about them being water proof, but the way the tounge is sewn in and the fact they are hight tops. I've not had an issue with water.
Disc golfers really need to check this company out! I dig these shoes, they are by far the best disc golf shoe that I'VE owned and no, I don't work for them :)

Aquaseal. Seriously.

Can u get that stuff at Walmart? Or where is the best brick and morter store to pick that up at. The right heal on my delas is peeling up. I think that would do the trick and save loads of money..

The aquaseal sounds like a plan. When my friends and I were younger we used to use Shoe Goo 2 on our skate shoes to stretch the life out on our shoes. I wonder if they still make that stuff and if it would work as well?

Last edited:
The aquaseal sounds like a plan. When my friends and I were younger we used to use Shoe Goo 2 on our skate shoes to stretch the life out on our shoes. I wonder if they still make that stuff and if it would work as well?

Funny you mentioned skate shoes that's actually what I prefer to wear for DG.

omg shoes

Just picked up a pair of Merrell Moab Waterproof's for wet days and decided to try out a pair of the New Balance MT20v2 for dry days. We'll see. I've been using my Nike Revolution 2 that i wear to the gym. No complaints from them, just got sick of them soaking up water after a rainy day at the course.

Aquaseal. Seriously.

Thanks for the advice. Great post :thmbup:

I've worn columbia trail-somethings for the last 3+ almost 4 years with no complaints. Admittedly, they became less waterproof as the years went by, but all in all, through reasonably active disc golfing in all weather and terrains, I have just now found myself purchasing another new pair of the same shoes. The toe finally pulled away. But the soles held up better than expected and go for about 70-80 bucks at famous brands. Catch a deal and get them 60. Just my experience.

A word regarding shoe returns at REI

So, I've had my Goretex Moabs a while, and the shoe itself has held up well, but the Goretex liner must have broken down because my feet have been getting wet playing morning rounds, and this week playing on a wet course, my feet were absolutley soaked.

So I called REI about their policy, and they pulled up my record and likely saw that I've had the same shoes for about 18 months or so with no returns. They said they'd stand behind them with no problem, but specifcally mentioned they're revising the policy to within 1 year of purchase because people are abusing the policy and returning shoes for new pairs every 4-6 months.

Make of that what you will - just wanted to share that info.

Ended up swapping the Moabs for a pair of Keen Targhee II's. I need a wide width and they don't stock wide widths in the moab, but the Targhee runs a bit on the wide side, and fit well. I hope Keen's liner lasts longer and I like wearing them for round after round.

Latest posts