• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now and am really enjoying it.

My eight year old notched his first ace yesterday. If he wasn't hooked before, he is now. A few close calls, but none yet for me.

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now and am really enjoying it.

My eight year old notched his first ace yesterday. If he wasn't hooked before, he is now. A few close calls, but none yet for me.

Throw Fuse FH on Sunshine Glade hole 1, and restart until you get it. You'll have an ace within three minutes.

Throw Fuse FH on Sunshine Glade hole 1, and restart until you get it. You'll have an ace within three minutes.
I literally just opened the app and got an ace doing that while showing a friend the game last summer. I turned around, he had the iPad in his hands, I just slid my finger down "straight back" pull and let it go. Ace.

Hey fellow DGV enthusiasts,

I'd like to share my view on virtual bag building slots with you. This is based on having 2 Putter slots, 2 midrange slots and 8 open slots.

1. Tap-in Putter (not important)
I like my Heavy/Anything Keystone for 100% comfortable putting below 30m, Acc/Wind Fuse is a great putter too though.

2. Driving Putter (not important)
Acc/Anything, doesn't even matter which putter. I like the Pure for shot shaping.

3. Acc/Wind Fuse (essential)
This might be the most important disc in the game, used for pretty much everything belom 80m.

4. Supplementary Midrange (not important)
This is personal preference, you don't really need this slot. I like the Acc/Glide Fuse as the longest accurate Fuse for shots the other Fuse would be slightly too short.

5. Acc / Wind or Roll Fairway driver (important)
Extended Ace runs, safe approaches, workhorse fairway. Since "Roll" works as "sticky" for drivers I tested the Acc/Roll Pioneer and really like it for this slot.

6. Acc/Glide Musket (essential)
This might be the second most important disc in the game. Longest disc to feature the "Accurate" perk and best Distance/Control Compromise in the game I think.

7. Light/Glide Distance driver (important)
Maximum distance over obstacles, this disc can exploit favorable winds best. Ballista Pro is the longest version.

8. Glide/Skip Distance driver (important)
Most distance potential in most cases, this can provide a lot of eagle looks. I use a Ballista for this slot.

9. Roll/Anything Distance driver (important)
The "Roll" perk is really good for sticking islands and preventing skips as well as (of course) roller lines. As a secondary perk, "Glide" provides more reach and "Wind break" provides more consistency. Both are great, I prefer a Roll/Wind Ballista Pro.

10. Glide/Wind Distance driver (optional)
A Glide/Wind Ballista was one of my first Distance drivers. I know where it goes and which flight path it takes, this is my "safety blanket" driver. Recoils seem to be popular for this slot as well.

11.&12. Flex slots for shot shaping (optional)
These slots can be used to achieve higher success rates for certain situations. I added a Roll/Glide Ballista Pro for maximum distance with minimum skip and really like having it as an option. I also bag a Glide/Skip Havoc for straighter skip shots, helping me out in more situations than I thought it would (still not that many ;)

TL;DR: You could play quite well with just the Acc/Wind Fuse and the Acc/Glide Musket.
Add in a Light/Glide, Glide/Skip and Roll/Any distance driver of your choice and you are ready to attack every eagle and albatross. Everything else just provides higher chances for good birdie/eagle looks :)

On a different note: Does anyone else love matching disc colours and using beautiful discs?
34417fb77c63b2743255ae8817d68c16.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

The Fuse is very nose-angle-sensitive. It is listed as Lat's most glidey midrange on Infinite Discs, but if your nose is just a hair low the glide seems to drop to zero. I had it in my bag for approx. a year when I was on team DD and they started manufacturing discs and the trilogy lineup was still super duper slim. Ditched it pretty quickly.

Love the Fuse in the game but hate it in real life.

1. Tap-in Putter (not important)
I like my Heavy/Anything Keystone for 100% comfortable putting below 30m, Acc/Wind Fuse is a great putter too though.

2. Driving Putter (not important)
Acc/Anything, doesn't even matter which putter. I like the Pure for shot shaping.

3. Acc/Wind Fuse (essential)
This might be the most important disc in the game, used for pretty much everything belom 80m.

4. Supplementary Midrange (not important)
This is personal preference, you don't really need this slot. I like the Acc/Glide Fuse as the longest accurate Fuse for shots the other Fuse would be slightly too short.

5. Acc / Wind or Roll Fairway driver (important)
Extended Ace runs, safe approaches, workhorse fairway. Since "Roll" works as "sticky" for drivers I tested the Acc/Roll Pioneer and really like it for this slot.

6. Acc/Glide Musket (essential)
This might be the second most important disc in the game. Longest disc to feature the "Accurate" perk and best Distance/Control Compromise in the game I think.

7. Light/Glide Distance driver (important)
Maximum distance over obstacles, this disc can exploit favorable winds best. Ballista Pro is the longest version.

8. Glide/Skip Distance driver (important)
Most distance potential in most cases, this can provide a lot of eagle looks. I use a Ballista for this slot.

9. Roll/Anything Distance driver (important)
The "Roll" perk is really good for sticking islands and preventing skips as well as (of course) roller lines. As a secondary perk, "Glide" provides more reach and "Wind break" provides more consistency. Both are great, I prefer a Roll/Wind Ballista Pro.

10. Glide/Wind Distance driver (optional)
A Glide/Wind Ballista was one of my first Distance drivers. I know where it goes and which flight path it takes, this is my "safety blanket" driver. Recoils seem to be popular for this slot as well.

11.&12. Flex slots for shot shaping (optional)
These slots can be used to achieve higher success rates for certain situations. I added a Roll/Glide Ballista Pro for maximum distance with minimum skip and really like having it as an option. I also bag a Glide/Skip Havoc for straighter skip shots, helping me out in more situations than I thought it would (still not that many ;)

I'll play. I disagree with you on some but it's really just a matter of personal preference. It's definitely a cool feature of having a larger bag to allow more flexibility. There are definitely some "must have" slots if you want to score well, but sometimes you just need to get used to how you approach certain holes. And mine is based on two putter, two midrange, and just seven other spots, since I haven't spent the $5.99 to add the last spot.

Like you did, I'll go from putters up:
1) Primary throwing and putting putter (important for me)
Accurate/Sticky Pure. If you use my strategy and use a Pure for lots of throw-ins up to 150' or so, just pick one and get used to it. Accurate/Glide could work too. The real important thing is just having a reliable disc to make anything inside 100' almost every time, and inside 150' at a high rate.

2) Backup putter (only there because the spot isn't useful for anything else)
Glide/Sticky Pure for now. It has a tiny bit more distance than the other. After some recent updates with more ground action, I noticed a little benefit from the sticky attribute on a few holes.

3) Primary mid (very important)
Accurate/Wind Fuse. This is one slot that everyone uses. Most people probably use this for their throw-ins instead of a Pure like I do. I'm weird.

4) Backup mid (can be useful if you find one you like)
Wind/Glide Fuse. I like the increased distance, and the wind attribute makes it especially useful on some holes.

5) Shorter fairway (important but personal preference on which one)
Accurate/Wind Explorer. This is one spot that is definitely personal preference. A River is, or used to be, popular. I don't really understand why some people use the Accurate/Glide Explorer. Distance is not the point for this spot, and my next disc does what the Acc/Glide Explorer does, but better. I have gotten used to the extra fade on this disc. I probably miss some ace opportunities, but this is nice and consistent for many tricky holes.

6) Middle distance fairway (very important)
Accurate/Wind Musket. I feel like everyone should bag this disc. At one point I dropped it for the Accurate/Glide Musket, but I went back. I use this a lot. I could even drop the Explorer and power this one down, if necessary.

7) Long distance fairway (very important but personal preference)
Wind/Glide Recoil. Between the previous spot and this one, there's just too much overlap for me to bag the Acc/Glide Musket. This Recoil is very useful on lots of holes.

8) Max distance air disc (indispensable)
Light/Glide Ballista Pro. The L/G Ballista can substitute if necessary, but this is the gold standard. This is necessary for some high lines, albatross hole, eagles, etc.

9) Max distance open skip disc (important)
Glide/Skip Ballista for me, only because I'm still on the lookout for the Glide/Skip Ballista Pro. Great on many Kaho holes, Oak Hill, and more.

10) Max distance wind driver (important for my game, but I realize it's personal preference)
Wind/Glide Ballista Pro was a nice recent pickup. Prior to that I had the W/G Ballista in the bag. I use this especially often on Windswept holes but also a lot on Owlwood and Kaho backwoods too. For some reason I've always felt like the "Wind" attribute is the closest you can get to "Accurate" for a driver.

11) Roller disc (adds a couple holes to the eagle-able list, and adds some cool utility shots)
Turn/Roll Ballista Pro. Before the recent update, this was a really cool red/green color. 1.043 made it look really lame. But the Roller shot is helpful for just a few holes, and I use the Turn feature on the Frozen Valley par 5 because it fades way less than any other Ballista Pro.

attachment.php

As far as colors, I definitely look for good colors but it's more important to have the discs with the right attributes. It seems like colors have gotten a bit worse in recent updates.

Attachments

• DiscGolfValley bag 2021-02-20 b.jpg
    DiscGolfValley bag 2021-02-20 b.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 134
I'll play. I disagree with you on some but it's really just a matter of personal preference. It's definitely a cool feature of having a larger bag to allow more flexibility. There are definitely some "must have" slots if you want to score well, but sometimes you just need to get used to how you approach certain holes. And mine is based on two putter, two midrange, and just seven other spots, since I haven't spent the $5.99 to add the last spot.

Like you did, I'll go from putters up:

1) Primary throwing and putting putter (important for me)

Accurate/Sticky Pure. If you use my strategy and use a Pure for lots of throw-ins up to 150' or so, just pick one and get used to it. Accurate/Glide could work too. The real important thing is just having a reliable disc to make anything inside 100' almost every time, and inside 150' at a high rate.

2) Backup putter (only there because the spot isn't useful for anything else)

Glide/Sticky Pure for now. It has a tiny bit more distance than the other. After some recent updates with more ground action, I noticed a little benefit from the sticky attribute on a few holes.

3) Primary mid (very important)

Accurate/Wind Fuse. This is one slot that everyone uses. Most people probably use this for their throw-ins instead of a Pure like I do. I'm weird.

4) Backup mid (can be useful if you find one you like)

Wind/Glide Fuse. I like the increased distance, and the wind attribute makes it especially useful on some holes.

5) Shorter fairway (important but personal preference on which one)

Accurate/Wind Explorer. This is one spot that is definitely personal preference. A River is, or used to be, popular. I don't really understand why some people use the Accurate/Glide Explorer. Distance is not the point for this spot, and my next disc does what the Acc/Glide Explorer does, but better. I have gotten used to the extra fade on this disc. I probably miss some ace opportunities, but this is nice and consistent for many tricky holes.

6) Middle distance fairway (very important)

Accurate/Wind Musket. I feel like everyone should bag this disc. At one point I dropped it for the Accurate/Glide Musket, but I went back. I use this a lot. I could even drop the Explorer and power this one down, if necessary.

7) Long distance fairway (very important but personal preference)

Wind/Glide Recoil. Between the previous spot and this one, there's just too much overlap for me to bag the Acc/Glide Musket. This Recoil is very useful on lots of holes.

8) Max distance air disc (indispensable)

Light/Glide Ballista Pro. The L/G Ballista can substitute if necessary, but this is the gold standard. This is necessary for some high lines, albatross hole, eagles, etc.

9) Max distance open skip disc (important)

Glide/Skip Ballista for me, only because I'm still on the lookout for the Glide/Skip Ballista Pro. Great on many Kaho holes, Oak Hill, and more.

10) Max distance wind driver (important for my game, but I realize it's personal preference)

Wind/Glide Ballista Pro was a nice recent pickup. Prior to that I had the W/G Ballista in the bag. I use this especially often on Windswept holes but also a lot on Owlwood and Kaho backwoods too. For some reason I've always felt like the "Wind" attribute is the closest you can get to "Accurate" for a driver.

11) Roller disc (adds a couple holes to the eagle-able list, and adds some cool utility shots)

Turn/Roll Ballista Pro. Before the recent update, this was a really cool red/green color. 1.043 made it look really lame. But the Roller shot is helpful for just a few holes, and I use the Turn feature on the Frozen Valley par 5 because it fades way less than any other Ballista Pro.

attachment.php

As far as colors, I definitely look for good colors but it's more important to have the discs with the right attributes. It seems like colors have gotten a bit worse in recent updates.
Thanks for your view armiller :)
I enjoyed the insight and definitely see your points, especially on the fairway drivers! The Acc/Wind Musket is awesome too. These are probably the most preference-based slots, with the choice of go-to fairways affecting the rest of the lineup.
On top of that, I like the colours of your L/G Ballista Pro, Acc/sticky Pure and W/G Fuse :)
That Fuse would be lost in a hurry during a real round but it's one of the most beautiful colour combinations!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

my 2 cents

The tap-in putter should be heavy/Sticky. I like the keystone cause it is the straightest putter. A dagger actually has a noticable fade from 50 feet.

Personally i have every throwing disc up to the Musket in the accurate/windbreak combo (over accurate/glide). That way you actually have differences in distance. A extra glide speed 5 disc almost flies as far as a not-extra glide speed 7.

After speed 10 the main combo for consistency is windbreak/extra glide.

Ballista Pro: You want the glide/skip, the glide/roll, the glide/light and the skip/turn.

The tap-in putter should be heavy/Sticky. I like the keystone cause it is the straightest putter. A dagger actually has a noticable fade from 50 feet.

Ballista Pro: You want the glide/skip, the glide/roll, the glide/light and the skip/turn.

I'm curious, do you use a putter for throw-ins or go straight to the Fuse if you switch to backhand/forehand?

The only time I have any issues with putting is trying to hole out from 15-25' while significantly higher than the basket. Do you think the Heavy/Sticky Keystone helps at all with that?

I'm also curious why you settled on Glide/Roll and Turn/Skip Ballista Pros. The Glide/Roll makes sense with the tendency to stick where it lands, Turn/Skip must have a nice straight finish. Are there some specific holes you use these for?

Love the game, but one point I have been wondering about...am I alone in thinking a great tweak to this game would be to make shots under 150' more realistic? Not sure how to do that without changing the controls, but especially in wind, putting/throwing in are just too easy. I would be for forcing a putting motion for anything under 70', and adding some variability (randomness) to throws over 70', and maybe even putting--the further out, the more perfect a shot has to be. Maybe we need the narrow baskets or whatever they are called. :)

This game has really gotten to the point where good placement of drives is not that important, up shots are non-existent and putting is way way too easy. Most good players can make 100' throw-ins with regularity, so doesn't really matter if your drive is parked or 85' away...But it should!

I'm curious, do you use a putter for throw-ins or go straight to the Fuse if you switch to backhand/forehand?

The only time I have any issues with putting is trying to hole out from 15-25' while significantly higher than the basket. Do you think the Heavy/Sticky Keystone helps at all with that?

I'm also curious why you settled on Glide/Roll and Turn/Skip Ballista Pros. The Glide/Roll makes sense with the tendency to stick where it lands, Turn/Skip must have a nice straight finish. Are there some specific holes you use these for?

I go straight to the Fuse for throwins <16 meters. Habit from back in the days when you had only 6 bag slots and few people carried putters.

Heavy/Sticky is IMO ideal for up to 16ish meters. Heavy reduces the effect of the wind and sticky i think is self explanitory. I only use that putter for putting though, no throwing, hence no accurate or glide.

I think the main help with hight differences is learning how much to aim down. It's always more than i think.

Glide/roll because it's the longest roller disc. Plus yes it sticks where it lands which can come in handy. The turn/skip cause it is so straight and so long and so dependable. Like a longer more dependable Havoc.

Love the game, but one point I have been wondering about...am I alone in thinking a great tweak to this game would be to make shots under 150' more realistic? Not sure how to do that without changing the controls, but especially in wind, putting/throwing in are just too easy. I would be for forcing a putting motion for anything under 70', and adding some variability (randomness) to throws over 70', and maybe even putting--the further out, the more perfect a shot has to be. Maybe we need the narrow baskets or whatever they are called. :)

This game has really gotten to the point where good placement of drives is not that important, up shots are non-existent and putting is way way too easy. Most good players can make 100' throw-ins with regularity, so doesn't really matter if your drive is parked or 85' away...But it should!
I assume it would take a big overhaul of the chain physics. I'm guessing it is VERY hard to refine the combination of force absorbtion/reflection caused by the disc both applying force into and across the chains. Currently it probably has a relatively simplified (relatively!) physic setup that can make it very easy to make everything if tuned in one direction, or damn near impossible in the other - and almost impossible to set up such that it accepts putts but rejects throw-ins. And if you're not modifying the chain physics to allow a less "rough" approximation of how the chains accept the disc... then you've gotta significantly overhaul the entire system for throw ins to eliminate the fact that it is so easy to hit solid chains, given your ability to move the slider so precisely.

The best thing I can think of is to set it up so that the screen wobble becomes much stronger if you hold your finger on one position for even a moment too long. Set it up so that you need to release with a fraction of a second of stopping your reachback or else the screen wobble becomes overwhelming, almost to where your disc's release point (aim spot) is way off if you pause at the reachback for longer than a person would pause in a reach back in real life.

This is all true. Some of the newer courses are focusing on holes where you're trying to get your first shot 100 feet away, or having OB if you're outside that. Basically, the "green size" in DGV is much larger than in real life, just like DG has a larger green size than Ball Golf. Not inherently bad, it just means the courses must be designed differently. Also, ace lines are a big factor in DGV. Realistic? No. Fun? I think so.

Hmmm, a windbreak/roll Ballista Pro for 7500. Seems like a good deal on a placement bomber disc. Other than fomo or saving for something else, is there any reason to not pull the trigger?

Hmmm, a windbreak/roll Ballista Pro for 7500. Seems like a good deal on a placement bomber disc. Other than fomo or saving for something else, is there any reason to not pull the trigger?

It depends on how desperate you are to fill that slot and how much disposable income you have lying around. I don't think it's the kind of disc that will stay in your bag long term, so it may be worth saving up for something better.

I did buy one of these a few weeks ago for similar reasons to what you mentioned. But I've never tried it on the course because I just haven't needed to.

I'm getting a lot of use out of an Accurate/Fade Musket. When I need something to go left, it works pretty well for a lot of holes. It's getting a lot of use, like my Firebird slot in my real disc golf bag.

Yes this game sucked me in again. I'm only playing the daily open right now, mostly. Cool to see the overall progression in the game.