• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf videos....

The caddy for Feldy at the EO 2011 told me, that Dave took many discs out so that the caddy would have it easier. i don't remember exactly how old the caddy is 14 or 13 i think. Dave also said to the caddy, that compared to last year he's using fewer discs per day in competition to lighten the load. It's bound to make caddying easier. Humping 43 discs all his other stuff and water for two and the camera equipment and for a while keeping score was a chore on that long hilly course in high temps for Europe. And i'm more geared to cold weather than hot.

I wasn't limited by the bag, but the need to be close to Dave. It ain't cool if the caddy runs away from the player carrying his discs :-D

I'm not making the videos by myself. lcgm8 does the heavy lifting after the event. I do announcing for some videos and handle getting the links to the people. We have outsourced announcing for some videos and that is way slower. In fact many projects have not moved, because the announcing hasn't materialized. And i would very much like to see stars doing the announcing instead of a Joe Schmoe like me. Announcing by myself is a very quick job compared to how lcgm8 edits slower than cut and paste for extra quality. For hopefully TV readiness and TV visibility on larger channels.

Both lcgm8 and i missed the disc on the view screen and had to look for the disc visually at the EO sometimes. Sun and low contrast to the sky discs from far away coming at you are very difficult to see even with the naked eye.

lcgm8 had a better view screen in his old camera than the new, but the new one is superior in every other way than the zoom button for small hands. The good thing is that his paw is large enough for the new camera. Mine ain't. lcgm8 had less trouble following the disc in the view screen with his old camera and mine is just horrible.

jubuttib said:
chainchaser said:
Be honest on some of the video I took I see the camcorder zooming but looking at nothing because I took my eye off the screen to watch in amazement how well these guys threw and how far.
Yeah, that's definitely a downside to filming anything, makes it almost impossible to actually enjoy it. You just have to focus on the filming part if you want to get anything decent out of it. =P

I can't follow the score, when i'm filming. i'm so busy thinking ahead to find the perfect spot to film from from not pointing the camera at the sun, finding shade for the camera, making sure that i can film the entire flight, not being in the way of the players and the disc, personal safety from richocheting discs etc. points of view. There's little point in filming and not covering the event if the disc breaks the camera or you. Then there's the matter of in the act of filming keeping the camera steady, disc in the picture, panning sideways and vertically along with zooming in to the thrower and then out, while panning often not breathing at all. That is tough, because i also need to run often weighted down with gear. Monopod and forest while running...

Filming from the tee is lazy compared to middle of the course filming, because you need to film the putt of the last player and run to the next hole halfway or whereever before the first player throws and have the camera ready, running and pointed steady and zoomed in to the tee. Bends in the fairway beyond line of sight forces two or more cameras or running to the bend to catch the whole flight in video so filming alone or from the middle of the fairway in multi camera work is way more physical than playing the event. I dream of sometimes being able to step in front of the camera to have an easier time in the event :) And more fun. Filming is a lot of work and always very long days, playing is fun, easy and leaves you time to recuperate. We often have to do with 5 hours of sleep that for me is often interrupted. Playing is way less stressful and you can sleep more and start out much more fresh the next day. It also takes more days to rest to 100 % after a filmed event than a played event. It is natural, because cameramen have to move often for each shot so they walk the course the same as the players and for each shot of the four players in a group walk or run extra to get the best shot and not being in the way. I wouldn't wonder if i walked/ran double the distance per round compared to the players. Who can sit down if they want to. Argh! Makes me wanna play and take it easy. Instead i'm in flu and now having to think of the hardness of filming.... Blechhh.

Luckily i'm multitasking watching the DGP.tv USDGC coverage simultaneously. Or rather waiting for something to see and typing in the meantime.

Here are a couple more videos from the KY state doubles. Feldberg and schusterick really turn it on here and just smoke the course for the most part.

I really enjoyed these videos. How about some different music, or none at all? It's nice to hear the players talking and cracking jokes.

I'm almost positive I saw dave foot fault at 14:07 on that presidents cup vid.

fanter said:
I really enjoyed these videos. How about some different music, or none at all? It's nice to hear the players talking and cracking jokes.
Hmm OK I have a couple more left to do so I will back off the music a bit.

I have some vids up of two tournies. Google "CentralCoastDiscGolf". I've got the 2011 Santa Maria open with Eric McCabe, will shusterick, joe revere , and gabe coda. As well as the 2011 End of he Trail Classic with EMac again, Derek billings, Steve Rico, and Shasta criss. Hope you like em.

There's a 3 hour video of the memorial up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uRadDq4P0&feature=player_embedded

anyone know what happened to the ClashDVD channel on youtube? All the videos are marked private on there now.

I was wondering this myself, went to go watch a video or 2 the other day and they weren't available.

Does anyone know if the 2011 or 2012 Vibram Open has been released yet? One would think so but I can't seem to find much on them.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDXKTi27ynfjoci7SvnMc0midxWiVBZf8

A DG playlist with just about all the DG videos you could use for a very long time. Still plenty of other good stuff out there though.