• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

But you gotta love internet calls for people being fired regardless of the understanding of the situation.

If they don't also film the chase card they should be beaten with a wet noodle. You know the chase card is where the exciting things happen- blow ups and miracle shots.

yeah when the goal of the DGWT and discmania in general is to gain exposure in order to attract future advertisers to grow revenue / the sport / discmania and innova, and there are videos from spintv from other european/global events with over 100k views, yeah i think if i were in a management position but had taken a sabbatical and handed over responsibility, and then learned there was not proper production film the entire rounds, of course people would be fired for incompetence.

but hey, this is the disc golf business

there was a clear feature card.

Which card was clearly the feature? There's about 5 or 6 I would have wanted to watch. I mean if we're firing someone, we should know this surely the feature card..

Internet is fun..but ultimately most of the frustration is that expectations were set in the last couple years for live coverage, and for DGWT we get recaps and instagrams.

Being in Europe, it probably doesn't make sense to live stream anyway, at least for us Americans. I look forward to watching rounds 2 and 3 because the course looks amazing with a good and healthy par 67 so lots of par 4's and 5's which I like to see.

He doesn't prevent other media outlets from recording, he relegates unauthorized media to the spectator areas where the view isn't always optimal for "coverage". It's no different a policy than pretty much any other professional sports venture.

It's also not unique, everybody who goes to DD events has to register and inform Bobby Brown, for example.

It's the way of the world...and honestly I like it better this way. In the past it was too much wild west style. You end up with crap coverage and horrible edits because someone rushed their cut to get it published before everyone else. Trying to snake views from each other while fighting for table scraps (in terms of dollar amounts from ads/sponsorships) is foolish, we should be giving people more depth of coverage and variety in types of videos, and that works better when there is order.

Gotta love Jalle's interview after the day one. The guy shoots a hot round and a course record and the recipe was play safe. :D

Really interesting standings as there are still bunch of people who can win it. It's also good to hear that Simon is finally making some puts as he's been struggling with them lately.

yeah when the goal of the DGWT and discmania in general is to gain exposure in order to attract future advertisers to grow revenue / the sport / discmania and innova, and there are videos from spintv from other european/global events with over 100k views, yeah i think if i were in a management position but had taken a sabbatical and handed over responsibility, and then learned there was not proper production film the entire rounds, of course people would be fired for incompetence.

but hey, this is the disc golf business

But hey, it wouldn't be another day on DGCR without someone making a rash assumption.

DGCR forum should be fired for contributing nothing to disc golf except bad analysis and collared dri-fit revenue

Don't forget our contribution towards pedaling pre-flight number discs for $5 dollars more. :wall:

But hey, it wouldn't be another day on DGCR without someone making a rash assumption.

there is no 'rash assumption'.

1 - there has been no guarantee of full round coverage from spinTV, so it is unknown.
2 - in the day 1 wrap up avery made a reference to 'when the cameras showed up simon turned it on' implying a roving camera crew.

3 - the only thing that was stated by me was that not having a recorded full round for day 1 (and 2) would be a foolish business decision for a number of reasons.

great post though.

JTacoma,

Will there be a full round coverage from round 1? From round 2?

If the answer is no to either of them, is there a good reason to forego hundreds of thousands of youtube views for what is essential a DGWT / disc golf / discmania commercial?

JTacoma,

If the answer is no to either of them, is there a good reason to forego hundreds of thousands of youtube views for what is essential a DGWT / disc golf / discmania commercial?

Perhaps the hundreds of thousands of YouTube views aren't worth the tens of thousands of dollars in production costs for this particular World Tour event.

Perhaps the hundreds of thousands of YouTube views aren't worth the tens of thousands of dollars in production costs for this particular World Tour event.

1 - the production costs to adequately film full rounds does not even begin to sniff the 'tens of thousands of dollars' mark.

2 - the actual costs of doing so are unquestionably worth the value by even the most conservative of estimates.

We had two camera video of McBeths ace within a few hours of it occurring yet we are still complaining about the video we are getting?

med_gallery_56225_1038_62827.jpg

1 - the production costs to adequately film full rounds does not even begin to sniff the 'tens of thousands of dollars' mark.

2 - the actual costs of doing so are unquestionably worth the value by even the most conservative of estimates.

1 - if you have to fly a camera crew to Europe it probably does

2 - how on earth can you possibly back that claim up?

JTacoma,

You are aware there is a DGWT website with tons of info and media on it, right? Maybe put those internet skillz to work on something other than trolling DG media groups...?

"The SpinTV in cooperation with a local Czech video production team will be producing Play-by-Play videos from the 2nd and 3rd round of the event. The cameras will be following the lead card on both rounds. These tournament coverage videos will feature commentary by 2009 disc golf world champion Avery Jenkins. Release schedule for the Play-by-Play videos will be released later."

Source: http://www.discgolfworldtour.com/konopiste-open-online/

1 - if you have to fly a camera crew to Europe it probably does

2 - how on earth can you possibly back that claim up?

1 - flying a camera crew to europe? what are you talking about man. you either hire a company there, or you have some of the discmania / spintv crew take 2 decent cameras and film the rounds for later editing. they clearly have some sort of video presence there as is obvious from the wrap-up shows. expanding that to be filming the full cards financially and logistically trivial

2 - basic rational thinking combined with business knowledge? oh wait, filming rounds costs on the order of 'tens of thousands of dollars'. jfc :/

You are aware there is a DGWT website with tons of info and media on it, right? Maybe put those internet skillz to work on something other than trolling DG media groups...?

"The SpinTV in cooperation with a local Czech video production team will be producing Play-by-Play videos from the 2nd and 3rd round of the event. The cameras will be following the lead card on both rounds. These tournament coverage videos will feature commentary by 2009 disc golf world champion Avery Jenkins. Release schedule for the Play-by-Play videos will be released later."

Source: http://www.discgolfworldtour.com/konopiste-open-online/

thanks discloser, that is the information i was unable to find and am looking forward to it. as far as 'trolling DG media groups', what the **** are you talking about?

calling out idiots that think filming rounds costs 5 figures, and another thats like 'but what if they are flying over people derpppp' is not trolling.

spinTV / discmania videos have high value, particularly relative to their costs. i thought it was absurd they did not film the opening round for that reason, and it was unclear at the time to me if they were filming the 2nd, or if it was last round that was only going to be covered.

thanks discloser, that is the information i was unable to find and am looking forward to it. as far as 'trolling DG media groups', what the **** are you talking about?

calling out idiots that think filming rounds costs 5 figures, and another thats like 'but what if they are flying over people derpppp' is not trolling.

spinTV / discmania videos have high value, particularly relative to their costs. i thought it was absurd they did not film the opening round for that reason, and it was unclear at the time to me if they were filming the 2nd, or if it was last round that was only going to be covered.

You're welcome!

And I point to all of your posts as proof of your trolling DG media groups.

You are waaaayy too invested in this, and come off as someone who works or worked within DG media and now have an axe to grind.

So I would just recommend calming down and enjoying the FREE content when it is available, but I'm sure you will not Rest until our Great Game gets the coverage (you believe) it Deserves!

criticizing CCDG's annoying mannerisms in their commentary while donating money to jomez and php != trolling dg media groups, sorry buddy :(

but yeah, will definitely enjoy SpinTV's fantastic coverage!!!! (only wish there was more of it!)

2 - basic rational thinking combined with business knowledge? oh wait, filming rounds costs on the order of 'tens of thousands of dollars'. jfc :/

Trollololol

"It's profitable because business and marketing stuff"

Latest posts