• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Light Idea

Lubbock Jason

Bogey Member
My idea was to drill threw the disc and putting a led threw the hole. The led light that I used was one that is created by Nite Ize. I plan on taping the bottome of the light to make sure that it will not go anywhere and it will also make it water resistant.

I wish that I could test it out tonight, but it has been rainy and cold all day :thmbdown:

Attachments

• light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 76
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 82
  • light3.jpg
    light3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 74
That looks like a lot less weight than the one that mounts permanently to the disc (spikes into it). You can always tape LED bulbs to a battery and then tape it on your disc. There's not a huge loss in stability that way either.

Why not just buy the LED lights that are band-aid sized? You use the exact same process except for the part about drilling a hole in your freakin' disc. That pretty much ruins it for any regular round.

Why not just buy the LED lights that are band-aid sized? You use the exact same process except for the part about drilling a hole in your freakin' disc. That pretty much ruins it for any regular round.

Well it's just a $4 disc, so I am not to worried about testing this out.

Well it's just a $4 disc, so I am not to worried about testing this out.
So if it works and you want to use it with a different disc you have to drill a hole in another disc right? I'm confused. With the LED lights you just tape them on. They're already easy to use.

yea, and what if the discs turnsover and lands on its top? u cant c it unless u have z or champion plastic

I just buy a couple of molds in champ/Z/Opto plastic and use the "band aid" sized lights. You can turn them on and off and they can either blink, blink fast, or stay on. Clear tape and I'm out the door. start a round in the day, end in the night? Just add tape and a led light......

^This. Make sure your disc is clean, warm and dry before applying tape. Issues of the light falling off is usually due to dirty disc or removing and reapplying the tape. I keep a bag of discs set up for night as well as one or two discs in my usual bag in case the round finishes in the dark (not during tournament rounds). Also, a completely opaque disc that I'm worried about it flipping upside down, I'll just put one on both sides. But mostly I'll use transparent discs (the light shows through DX plastic quite well).

The band aid lights will shine through most opaque discs, the exceptions are generally putters and esp flx.

I generally don't finish playing disc golf till well after dark, so I have a variety of glow discs and some band aide lights. Add a nice LED flashlight and a UV flashlight and I have no issues taking my normal bag into the dark.

Not all champion plastic is translucent anymore, so if you are buying a champion disc to put an LED light on make sure you buy it in person!

Saw this at Volo last week. I just don't think I could drill a hole through a $15-20 disc