• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Pics!

Kodachrome

* Ace Member *
We've all got a favorite - it could be how it flies, it could be your most beautiful/unique, it could have sentimental value, it could be a dye job you put a lot of time into or maybe it just cost you a ****-ton of money and you couldn't be coerced into ever even thinking about throwing it.

What is the disc you are most attached to and why? Bonus points for pics.

I am most attached to this Pinnacle Ghost because it is my first and only ace disc. I still throw it, though. Maybe that is a bad idea...:|
CYzB3poUAAAsdNg.jpg

mine is my first kc aviar. i've had it for a while now, going on two years. i started by throwing and driving with it. i was pleased with its beefiness, more overstable than the wizard, but more glide too. i was determined to beat it in. then i got scared i was going to trash it too fast, started putting with it only and driving with polecats instead. flash forward another year, i'm back to tossing and putting this little guy. it flies neutral on approaches and understable on drives, bangs chains with laserbeam putts.

i've tried so many putters and the kc aviar is the one that ended my putting odyssey - they season beautifully, they throw very well too, and one tree hit doesn't really make a big difference. i throw my putting putters and putt with my throwers. it's not going to change how it flies in the circle anyway, and my putting is better than ever.

you could say i'm attached to all my discs - that's why i changed bags so much, always looking for the "best in class" for me disc that could do everything i asked of it - but the kc aviar, and this one in particular, started to anchor my bag and it just feels better and better over time.

IMAG0950_zpszwiajcvp.jpg

here he is with all his brothers.

IMAG0951_zps4u60p9ue.jpg

The first Envy I got from the original run. This is the disc that really sold me on the GYRO. Thing of beauty when beat up.

I love pearly discs with subtle stamps. This Plasma Envy is one of my favorite discs we've ever had the pleasure to produce.

wghQ2lF.jpg

I accidentally mailed my RDG envy to somebody instead of the disc they bought :/ oh well. That one is gorgeous though.

My favorite disc ever. Star TL from the first run of star plastic. Has been in the bag continuously since 2008. Was my slightly OS fairway at the time and has broken in all the way to the other end of the spectrum and still gets thrown a ton. 100% irreplacable. I loose discs all the time too, no idea how I'm still holding on to this one after all these years

Attachments

• 0331161300.jpg
    0331161300.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 66
My favorite disc ever. Star TL from the first run of star plastic. Has been in the bag continuously since 2008. Was my slightly OS fairway at the time and has broken in all the way to the other end of the spectrum and still gets thrown a ton. 100% irreplacable. I loose discs all the time too, no idea how I'm still holding on to this one after all these years

knock on wood

Time to retire that baby to an honored place on the wall, and start seasoning in other discs...

Time to retire that baby to an honored place on the wall, and start seasoning in other discs...

Never in a million years.

The only way this baby is getting retired is the inevitable plastic explosion that happens eventually to all old discs. And I will probably cry like a little girl when that happens.

Last edited:

I kept being stuck between wishing the KC Aviar didn't have a bead or wishing a DX Aviar was a little harder. Enter the McPro. I've accumulated about 10-12 of these (the 1050 rated bottom stamp) as they are my favorite version of the plastic but most are relegated to practice duty. This putter keeps getting better. Tons of glide, straight as an arrow. It is only used for putting, never thrown. I don't even jump putt with it...lol

I kept being stuck between wishing the KC Aviar didn't have a bead or wishing a DX Aviar was a little harder. Enter the McPro. I've accumulated about 10-12 of these (the 1050 rated bottom stamp) as they are my favorite version of the plastic but most are relegated to practice duty. This putter keeps getting better. Tons of glide, straight as an arrow. It is only used for putting, never thrown. I don't even jump putt with it...lol

That is a cool disc. :clap:

Great thread Koda :clap:!

Now I have to think about picking "the one", got a few to choose from...:confused:

Answer and pics to follow...:D.

Oh man, if I had to pick an absolute favorite, it would have to be my Z Buzzz. I snagged this one, my first Buzzz, in the spring of 2008 and it has been very, very, very good to me. This particular one has given me eleven aces. I only throw it in low-risk situations nowadays (no path shots, won't even risk it hahahaha), but it still gets out plenty. I have many other Buzzzes, but this one will always be number one to me. The stamp has eroded, but it is in amazing shape, considering the sheer amount of metal hits it has sustained over the course of its life. My lighter skills pay dividends hahahaha.
2945nyp.jpg

If I were to pick on a purely cosmetic basis, this pearly Champion Wraith is probably my favorite. The color shift blue/teal combined with the black stamp creates a striking effect in direct light.
15g5oxj.jpg

I am also particularly fond of my SP Hurricane. It is an odd "blurple" color, and looks rather ordinary in ambient light.
w9xrt3.jpg

But if it catches a light source...
v4z7gk.jpg

Yeaaaaaaah! The Sun works way better than an indoor source, though.

I have quite a few discs that were somehow 'special' in some way. This one has a dumb backstory:

We were throwing #1 at Creve Coeur when I hit a branch on the ground with my upshot. The branch popped up and landed on top of my disc. So I'm walking up to pick up the branch to get my disc when I realize the branch is a dead fish one of the seagulls dropped from the lake across the street. It startled me and I jumped and screamed like a little girl. This entertained my card mates, who carried the fish around the rest of the round to stick in my bag and basically torment me with until the round finished. At the end of the round the disc was sharpied in honor of dead fish that ruined my day. I ended up using that Aviar for quite a long time, and my friends liked to recall how I screamed like a little girl when they would see it.

Last edited:
Predator!

I got this one when I played briefly around ten years ago. I throw a lot of forehand, and this thing works great with my game. It also comes out of the bag sometimes for fairway shots on windy days. I have a newer Predator that is more overstable, but this thing has become so useful as it has beat in. I don't look forward to trying to replace it.

Still not sure how to include the pictures here, so they're attached. The pen is just there cuz I'm not sure I want to publish my cell phone number...

Attachments

• 20160331_203030.jpg
    20160331_203030.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160331_203056.jpg
    20160331_203056.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23