• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc pricing guide or list

Uncle Dougie

Double Eagle Member
Hey guys,

Is there a definitive price guide or list on older rare discs or anything that is collectible in the disc market out there right now? I understand that the values are always changing and it's what people will pay for at the moment. Did a search and the only thing that came up is http://www.discgolfpriceguide.com/ which does a pretty good job of detailed prices on discs, but are the prices pretty accurate?

Has anyone ever took time out to compile a rough list of values for older plastic like CE and other limited runs, old and new?

Thanks,
A

Each disc is different in its demand and what someone is willing to pay for it; I don't think a guide would be more helpful (as time would limit its accuracy) than looking around and seeing what others are charging and if they are actually able to sell them at that price. :confused:

Dude, you're probably going to get blasted for asking so just a heads up. There's the whole what's this disc worth thread, that's on like part 3 or 4 because there are so many posts. I'm pretty sure you can search those threads and find what people have been paying for darn near every disc ever made.
It's stickied under Equipment.

I like reading that thread b/c it's interesting to see what people consider collectible and what people are paying for old plastic, plus all the pretty pictures, but I'm not a collector myself.

If you have any question about any specific disc, that'd be the place to look or ask. Those guys can help you out.... if they're not too busy arguing with each other.

Dude, you're probably going to get blasted for asking so just a heads up. There's the whole what's this disc worth thread, that's on like part 3 or 4 because there are so many posts. I'm pretty sure you can search those threads and find what people have been paying for darn near every disc ever made.

I like reading that thread b/c it's interesting to see what people consider collectible and what people are paying for old plastic, plus all the pretty pictures, but I'm not a collector myself.

If you have any question about any specific disc, that'd be the place to look or ask. Those guys can help you out.... if they're not too busy arguing with each other.

Not to be rude. But you aren't answering his question at all. He wants a pre-made guide, I'm sure he's fully aware of the thread.

Originally Posted by justactnormal

thanks man, I know the thread. What I was asking is was there a spreadsheet or compilation that someone may have come up with or was working on. That is all. I don't care if people flame me or anything for this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
As a former sport card collector, this is something that could be beneficial to disc collectors/sellers. As a card collector one thing I enjoyed was looking through the "Beckett" and making a wish list. I'd buy a monthly/quarterly subscription to ANY disc price guide.

Fun fact for disc golfers. Recently on EBay I sold a Roger Staubach rookie card and a Terry Bradshaw rookie card. Both were maybe a 6/10 each. I also sold a lot of 10 well used discs at the same time. The discs generated more views, bids, and $ than BOTH cards combined.

Be open-minded about this possibility. The prices would be dictated by market value. From forums, auction sites, and so on.

As a former sport card collector, this is something that could be beneficial to disc collectors/sellers. As a card collector one thing I enjoyed was looking through the "Beckett" and making a wish list. I'd buy a monthly/quarterly subscription to ANY disc price guide.
The Beckett guides were actually the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP. Back in the day, they were practically the Bible for sports card collectors. My dad, who sold sports cards at flea markets, actually said that to people.

In realistic collectible economics though, he couldn't have been more wrong. Once the onset of the internet came, particularly sites like eBay, printed monthly price guides for pretty much all collectibles were effectively rendered obsolete. I'm actually stunned that they're still printing the things.

I still think this would be an excellent idea. Not so much a huge price guide, but add a small section to an existing magazine.

One thing I enjoyed about the Beckett was reading the articles, and looking at upcoming products.

The Beckett guides were actually the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP. Back in the day, they were practically the Bible for sports card collectors. My dad, who sold sports cards at flea markets, actually said that to people.

In realistic collectible economics though, he couldn't have been more wrong. Once the onset of the internet came, particularly sites like eBay, printed monthly price guides for pretty much all collectibles were effectively rendered obsolete. I'm actually stunned that they're still printing the things.

I have some baseball cards that I want to get rid of. They are mostly 86' Topps (like every kid in the world had back then). I've got some hockey cards too, that are a little more valuable. (maybe a couple hundred bucks worth)

Anyway, is eBay my best bet for selling these things? I've never used eBay before.

don't mean to hijack...

The problem with a price guide is that there are so many variables in disc value. We have to look at weight, color, stamp, condition, mold etc.

The problem with a price guide is that there are so many variables in disc value. We have to look at weight, color, stamp, condition, mold etc.

Other than the items in this post being different names, there isn't much difference between using this same formula on a sports card beckett. Company, Style of Card, Player, Condition, etc.

This could easily be done as a quarterly magazine that was eventually able to make it to a monthly magazine after prices were established for discs that keep a steady market value/demand.

If anyone would be into doing something like this for real, hit me up. I have lots of time and energy I could help put into something like this and have also gone to school for journalism and could help write some articles on upcoming products/product reviews, etc. :popcorn:

This sounds like a popular idea. I'm getting ready to sell my collection and I found this thread while I was online looking for a pricing guide to buy.

I think some people might have misunderstood my sarcasm behind the use of the word popular. 10 years later and still no pricing guide.