• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc storage

Redwingsrox5

Any recommendations on disc storage? I live in Ohio so it can go from 90 degrees in the summer to -10 in the winter. Besides the temperature what about how you leave them lay? Am I good to just leave them in my bag, out of the sun?

Mine are either in my bag or stored in the disc sized sterilite tub. Both in my wisconsin garage. Ive never had an issue

You guessed it. When I got into hockey we didn't have a team in Ohio so it was either Pittsburgh or Detroit. Being a former Browns fan, I couldn't go with Pittsburgh. I played defense so I always liked Lidstrom.

Thanks for the quick reply. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue since they're plastic.

I just use the cardboard boxes for copy paper. Two rows fit side by side perfectly. Put a three sections of foam swim noodles in the bottom (middle and each end) so the edge of discs have something to rest on.

I just use the cardboard boxes for copy paper. Two rows fit side by side perfectly. Put a three sections of foam swim noodles in the bottom (middle and each end) so the edge of discs have something to rest on.

Oooooh I like this idea.

Welcome from Upper Michigan!
Leave your discs in the bag and they will be just fine.

This thread's about a month old, but go to a local Jimmy John's and ask for one of their empty boxes. They hold discs perfectly.

Being a cabinet maker. I quickly milled out a few boxes to hold my extra discs. They sit in wood in a cool basement.

Cardboard and plastic, especially cardboard will loose its shape.

No sun. And don't over pack your bag. Don't leave your discs in a baking hot car either.