• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Disc suggestion

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Tight tunnel shots I like throwing with a touch of anhyzer with an overstable disc to fly nice and straight with a little fade at the end. I've been using Pigs and Classic Roc's for the shot but I think the classic roc must have been discontinued and I'd like something a little further flying than my pig. Tried a truth and a justice but the truth doesn't fight back enough and the justice is too beefy. Any suggestions?

Have you looked at a Harp or Bard? They both hook up pretty good and depending on the distance you like they both could fit the bill.

I can think of a lot of discs that do this well; Buzzz OS, Mortar, Yao to name a could more but the Harp or Bard is my favorite.

I have a buddy that tosses a bard, I might test drive his a bit. Appreciate it

Verdict. It's the more stable-overstable Truth, if you give it a touch of anny it will hold it and drift back left. It's stable enough to be straight to fade with glide on a flat throw, but workable enough that you can make it hold an anhyzer if you throw it really hard and on a decent anny. It's definitely a touch more than a Truth rather than anywhere near the stupid-OS Justice.

Have you looked at a Harp or Bard? They both hook up pretty good and depending on the distance you like they both could fit the bill.

I can think of a lot of discs that do this well; Buzzz OS, Mortar, Yao to name a could more but the Harp or Bard is my favorite.

Totally agree, especially about the Harp. The Aviar3, AviarX3, and/or RocX3 might also work for you.

Verdict. It's the more stable-overstable Truth, if you give it a touch of anny it will hold it and drift back left. It's stable enough to be straight to fade with glide on a flat throw, but workable enough that you can make it hold an anhyzer if you throw it really hard and on a decent anny. It's definitely a touch more than a Truth rather than anywhere near the stupid-OS Justice.

That sounds pretty complimentary to the truth. Loving the DD plastic, truth and justice feel great, might check it out.

I don't know if a Harp would be that much further flying than a Pig. I would lean towards Verdict also. Some of them supposedly have some turn but the ones I've tried in Lucid are flying nicely, moderately overstable, like a slightly beefier Buzzz. I'm trying to think of a modern day classic Roc clone but I'm drawing a blank, especially if you're trying to replace a Champ CR.

im gonna plug this disc again just because I believe in it so much - Axiom Alias - its not overstable, its just STABLE , throw it flat it will go straight the whole way, no hyzerflip no anny flexy, Flat = straight as an arrow

I don't know if a Harp would be that much further flying than a Pig. I would lean towards Verdict also. Some of them supposedly have some turn but the ones I've tried in Lucid are flying nicely, moderately overstable, like a slightly beefier Buzzz. I'm trying to think of a modern day classic Roc clone but I'm drawing a blank, especially if you're trying to replace a Champ CR.

Harps (especially in baseline) are longer than Pigs. And, as they beat in, they definitely cover Classic Roc shots (although I have yet to beat a Harp in enough to cover beat-to-flippy Classic Roc shots). My beat one is long and very straight, with only the slightest touch of late fade. And it will hold anny through most all of its flight, at power.

S-Line P2. Probably the best disc ever made for that shot. Will hold straight when thrown with a touch of anny and then give you just a touch of fade at the end. Handles power really well also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im gonna plug this disc again just because I believe in it so much - Axiom Alias - its not overstable, its just STABLE , throw it flat it will go straight the whole way, no hyzerflip no anny flexy, Flat = straight as an arrow

I like an Alias, but for the shot I'm after I need something that will allow me to anhyzer release a touch. Lots of people throw mids on hyzer flips for tunnel shots or even just flat and straight but Ive found it easier to throw a flex shot for those tight wooded shots.

I have a Truth that pretty much handles everything I wanted a Classic Roc to do, the one exception being if I give the Truth any anhyzer on release it doesn't fight it, just.a gentle turnover shot, where as the classic roc would fight it and fly nice and straight

Verdict for sure. Alias is nice for no fade straight, but it sounds like you want faster more OS than that, and the Verdict is it.

I like an Alias, but for the shot I'm after I need something that will allow me to anhyzer release a touch. Lots of people throw mids on hyzer flips for tunnel shots or even just flat and straight but Ive found it easier to throw a flex shot for those tight wooded shots.

I'd go Wasp, Roc, Roc3 then :D or ENVY if you haven't had one it rules

I agree the Alias is very straight, it even can turn if you throw it hard. Plus it doesn't glide as much as larger diameter mids. It's a good straight placement mid, but not what I'd throw if I need to get as far down a tunnel as a mid will go, and especially not with anny.

If you like the Truth but want just a bit more fight then I double down on my Verdict recommendation. It's not a true OS mid but if you just give it a little anny with the intention of it panning straight the whole way, it's the right choice. This is assuming you would be backhanding it, and probably in the 250-300' area. On a forehand if you give it anny and over 250' power it will drift the whole flight.