• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discing Up in Winter

Personally, I don't need ribbon. You can easily tell where your disc goes by looking for the marks in the snow. Just keep an eye for where it landed, roughly speaking.

anubis080 said:
Personally, I don't need ribbon. You can easily tell where your disc goes by looking for the marks in the snow. Just keep an eye for where it landed, roughly speaking.
Looking for marks in the snow becomes a problem after a lot of foot prints accumulate. Then you need a good spotter or ribbon.

Depending on the hole and how much snow we've had, we'll just send a spotter (usually BOB or throw and go). It is more exercise and we don't risk spending 10 mins looking for discs every hole. It is already cold enough and I just want to keep playing like the rest.

Sean40474 said:
Depending on the hole and how much snow we've had, we'll just send a spotter (usually BOB or throw and go). It is more exercise and we don't risk spending 10 mins looking for discs every hole. It is already cold enough and I just want to keep playing like the rest.

Yeah,i like this way more. I'd rather not mess up the flight with ribbon personally

The last time we tried ribbons we lost almost 30% of the distance, seriously affected the flight and the damn things didn't even stay visible...