• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania is no different than Ticketmaster

3D printing is a terrible way to mass produce discs. Great for prototyping though, assuming they can get the flight characteristics to match what comes out of the mold.

I thought Innova has been doing this for years now, no?

I thought Innova has been doing this for years now, no?

Maybe? I have no idea. But I wouldn't be surprised, it would be much easier to tweak a CAD file and re-print until they get the flight they want than re-machine a mold piece. Given the flight differences just between plastics and runs I could see it being hard to make sure that flight characteristics of the the 3D printed disc correlate to a molded disc tho.

Maybe? I have no idea. But I wouldn't be surprised, it would be much easier to tweak a CAD file and re-print until they get the flight they want than re-machine a mold piece. Given the flight differences just between plastics and runs I could see it being hard to make sure that flight characteristics of the the 3D printed disc correlate to a molded disc tho.

Oh, I was just joking. I thought Innova's QC was all over the map. That's why so and so switched from Thundy's to PD's or whatnot. Innova's slipping ;)

I'd like to nominate this thread for most hyperbolic thread title of 2020. Is that a thing? I'd imagine there would be a lot of competition.

I know it's been asked already, but seriously, can anyone explain why there's all this hype around a DD3 with a new name & stamp? The swirly plastic is nothing new, and the stamp isn't anything special. Why are people paying insane prices? It's basically a Destroyer with a bird on it.

^Successful marketing campaign?
523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

I agree with the OP about the annoyance of the collector market. Not because I care about these discs, but it impacts the whole used market. The open market consumer is just dumb to pay these prices.

There really isn't anything special about any disc, except the 11x Teebird. (Unfortunately) no one has been able to replicate that masterpiece! But, I digress. I refuse to "be the highest bidder" on anything over $25.

..plus, I think most seller have their friends go in and bump the price.

...stupid disc golf, getting all popular.
[kicks dirt, walks away]

I agree with the OP about the annoyance of the collector market. Not because I care about these discs, but it impacts the whole used market. The open market consumer is just dumb to pay these prices.

There really isn't anything special about any disc, except the 11x Teebird. (Unfortunately) no one has been able to replicate that masterpiece! But, I digress. I refuse to "be the highest bidder" on anything over $25.

..plus, I think most seller have their friends go in and bump the price.

...stupid disc golf, getting all popular.
[kicks dirt, walks away]
I'm already saving up for a Cloud Breaker 3.

I know it's been asked already, but seriously, can anyone explain why there's all this hype around a DD3 with a new name & stamp? The swirly plastic is nothing new, and the stamp isn't anything special. Why are people paying insane prices? It's basically a Destroyer with a bird on it.

Because Eagle throws it so if you throw it you'll be just as good as him.

(Heck, maybe he won't even throw it because it's too flippy for him but he endorses it and puts his name on it.)

I bought a DD3, wiped the stamp and drew an eagle on mine. I think I can sell it for 100 now.

Latest posts