• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Discmania P1x?

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Looking to change the only thing about my bag that I've been wavering about for a while: my putters.

Basically I've tried a bunch of putters but the ones I like the best and have been rotating for the last 2 years are: D-line P2, Prime Judge, and the KC Pro Aviar.
I like the KC Pro/ P-line plastic, a bead, the glide of the judge and the depth and feel of the P2...

What is the feel of the P1x like? Is it similar to the P2, plus a bead? Similar to the KC Pro Aviar?

Does the P1x have a flight similar to the Prime Judge? Would love the glide for longer putts. And a little stability for garanteed fade to the basket in some light wind.

I'm leaning toward the KC Pro Aviar at the moment, but doesn't quite have the glide of the prime judge that I'm looking for

Thanks
JB

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the P1x, but if you're not sold on the Judge but like it's glide and you like a bead, try a Marshal in the same plastic as your favorite Judge. I'm putting with the Classic Marshal, and from what I'm reading here the Marshal has all the things you are looking for.

I'm not sure about the P1x, but if you're not sold on the Judge but like it's glide and you like a bead, try a Marshal in the same plastic as your favorite Judge. I'm putting with the Classic Marshal, and from what I'm reading here the Marshal has all the things you are looking for.

I like everything about the judge minus the plastics. I really like the kc pro or pro plastic. I've tried the classic, classic moonshine and prime.

Not denigrating the Wizard, it's a good mold. But my experience with my SS Wizards is that they don't have the glide that a Judge or Marshal has.

You like the Wolf...

I like everything about the judge minus the plastics. I really like the kc pro or pro plastic. I've tried the classic, classic moonshine and prime.

You need a Firm Wizard.

Firm (or Pure White) Wizard is the closet thing you will find to a P-Line P2 plus a bead.

I haven't tried the wizards. I have have a shop around me that carries them. Plus the plastic naming are confusing.

What do the wizards feel like in hand? Glide?

They will feel like a Judge but fly like a KC Aviar and they wear in very well. My go to Wizard right now is one I've used off and on since 2013. They don't have the Judges glide, but they are better in wind, much better plastic than DD's. I think you will like a Firm (used to be called Soft) Wizard.

I think you will like a Firm (used to be called Soft) Wizard.

I agree with this much about the Wizard. The 'Soft' as well as the 'Supersoft' are anything but soft; they're both nice and firm plastics, and good for putting.

They will feel like a Judge but fly like a KC Aviar and they wear in very well. My go to Wizard right now is one I've used off and on since 2013. They don't have the Judges glide, but they are better in wind, much better plastic than DD's. I think you will like a Firm (used to be called Soft) Wizard.

Or Eraser plastic. Actually feels like a firm eraser.

Good stuff.

Anyone actually felt or used the P1x?
Interesting on comparing as well
Thanks

Thanks

I have. Meh. If I was limited to Innova discs, I might use it for an approach disc.

Having said that, putters are so dependant on hand feel. Wizards, jOKERI,and Envys all feel better to me.
Less about the flight and more about the feel.

They go pretty straight and feel like an Innova Whale

Makes sense that Discmania sponsored players can only use Discmania discs though going forward any old discs that sponsored players had prior to 2019 that are Innova the player can use, at least that is how it seems to me.

Makes sense that Discmania sponsored players can only use Discmania discs though going forward any old discs that sponsored players had prior to 2019 that are Innova the player can use, at least that is how it seems to me.

bf8f203999acd5e8e1de09a3eecde0b7b26ffa77747e3acfd295354774a71724.jpg

Thanks

I putt with Judges and use the P1x in an alternate bag. They are interchangeable to me and feel very similar in the hand. P1x would be slightly less stable if used as a throwing putter. But still very similar

I prefer Classic plastic to D/P-line so I stick with Judges.

I used to throw and putt P1xs. Switched to Wizards last year. Similar but deeper (the P2+bead guy was pretty much spot on) and can take more power. Perhaps fade a touch more, depending on the plastic/wear. P1x is more like rounded Aviar + bead. If you have clean form you can mash on them too and get a frozen rope line.

I love the P1x. It's great for my longer C2 putts and jump putts. It floats much longer for me (probably because of the bead and being a little less stable) than my spin putt that I use for my P2's.

If you're looking for a P2 type flight/putt, but want something with a microbead, the Marshal is the way to go. I used to use the Marshal for a while before I switched to Discmania. I still use them from time to time for practicing at home and I'm still amazed at how similar the flight is to my P2.