• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

booter

* Ace Member *
ok the pd2 chaos has been approved as of yesterday!

quote from discmania fb

"lets face it,the pd2 chaos is not meant for everyone.picture innovas xcalibur with a little more speed and stability and you'll know what this disc is like.it is abnormally fast for the stability it offers.targeted for the strong-armed touring pro,the disc is very reliable thrown backhand,forehand and overhead in pretty much all conditions.available in p-line,do you have what it takes to throw this disc?"

ok so it quite possibly can be a speed 13 if it's a faster beefier xcal. I'm looking forward to this! Especially if dgv does cfr runs for it in a month or so. Pline version of these doesn't really intrigue me.

booter said:
Pline version of these doesn't really intrigue me.

I was thinking that same thing when reading the discmania blurb. I feel like durable champion plastic should be the first plastic something like this is offered in.

agreed. I spoke to mark @ dgv the other day and he said they might do a cfr run for the asia open so that migt be the perfect time to snag these up in champ. It won't be for a few weeks atleast. According to him

Mark also said that CFR Champ XCs weren't going to be released for 6 ir so monthes after the 1st runs. It happened in about 4 weeks. Hopefully this happens again.

yea I hope so too. Production release of the disc is scheduled for january so he said at the quickest IF they do a cfr run,which I think they will_ would be 2-3 wks at the earliest. Soo cross your fingers!

dgdave said:
Mark also said that CFR Champ XCs weren't going to be released for 6 ir so monthes after the 1st runs. It happened in about 4 weeks. Hopefully this happens again.

this will probably happen. if this disc is the one i think it is, many people will be happy to throw it.

I'm fairly confident this will be one of the few C-Line discs to debut in January, or at least soon after that.

if its anything like the champ plastic my PD was i have 0 interest in the C line, and no interest in the P line either, bring on the S line and ill see if it can kick my forces/boss out of the bag

so this would be the disc that discspeed was looking for?

(referencing the thread about a super stable super fast driver)

ManU said:
so this would be the disc that discspeed was looking for?

(referencing the thread about a super stable super fast driver)

If it does what they advertise then yes. I can't wait to evaluate it. From the rim width pictures I'm wondering if it can kick my Destroyers out of my bag, especially if a P-Line is being offered. C/S-Line for wind, hyzers, and FH with a broken in P-Line for BH distance. It could be great.

I'm actually looking forward to the P-Line more than the C-Line. The C is going to be too much of a meathook for my needs, a broken in P could be interesting.

jubuttib said:
I'm actually looking forward to the P-Line more than the C-Line. The C is going to be too much of a meathook for my needs, a broken in P could be interesting.

the C shouldn't be that much of a meathook, but then again you are at altitude i believe.

if a broken in P is what you seek, then why not just throw an XCal?

x-out said:
the C shouldn't be that much of a meathook, but then again you are at altitude i believe. if a broken in P is what you seek, then why not just throw an XCal?
Finland is overall a very flat country. C-PD is about as meathooky as I need. =)

Why don't I throw an XCal? Jussi Meresmaa gets more of my money if I throw Discmania. =)

jubuttib said:
What was wrong with the C-Line in your PD?

It was a very slippery, very very stiff blend. Also, super duper overstable, and glide-less. ive been tuning it up but its got a ways to go before i keep it in my bag. So if theres an Xcal on roids in this plastic, its going to be a giant meat hook with no grip. Not a lot of use for that for me, but ill gladly explore an S line whenever they come out

Roc Lover said:
Also, super duper overstable, and glide-less.
Funny, this has basically been the reason people have liked the C-PD, you can use it to extend the slots the PD can cover even further. They're also almost as good thumber discs as the old standard Champ FBs and Opto XXXs. =)

All of my C-PDs are quite grippy though, very nice and stiff CFR plastic IMHO. They will surely get closer to normal Champ standards when they do the production runs though, losing everything the rest of us have liked about them so far...

i have 1 big D in the dessert and 2 asia open c-pds and love the plastic and feel. They are overstable and glideless but this helps push the fb outta my bag and i assume will get better with some wear.

Woohoo, they did the same thing as with the TD (compared to the Roadrunner). XCal wing, but with modifications, so it's faster with a 2.4cm rim, instead of 2.3cm.