• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Now what Discraft needs is a Magent wing on lower profile top or Comet top. The disc will be a no bead Comet with Comet top or a slower speed Buzz at a speed 4 with the low profile top.

You can't put a Magnet wing on a Comet top. The diameter of the discs are different. One could, in theory, use a Comet top, a Magnet bottom with a spacer between the two. It would be a very tall disc and faster if anything, not slower. I don't think it would work; it would be a very weird frankendisc.

The bottom would have to be custom and that idea has been floated around before.

source.gif

His posts are improving. At least this one did not have a story attached to it.

"Low profile" and "Comet top" is pretty funny though. I always felt like Magnets floated pretty well on their own. A lower profile Magnet sounds like a good idea though.

"Low profile" and "Comet top" is pretty funny though. I always felt like Magnets floated pretty well on their own. A lower profile Magnet sounds like a good idea though.

A lid made from the Comet top is what I have wanted for years.

I could also go with a low profile Magnet... that's pretty close to what the MVP Atom is anyway... just a bit blunted.

Last edited:
So the Clutch from Legacy that I've slowly preached over the past few years?

:rolleyes:

Is the Clutch THAT much more low profile? I mean, it's a Magnet you can nut on but it's a pretty similar if I'm remembering right.

Is the Clutch THAT much more low profile? I mean, it's a Magnet you can nut on but it's a pretty similar if I'm remembering right.

How much lower you wanna go? Thumbtrackless Ringer? Shaman? Wedge? Yes it's apparent, hold one again and you'll notice. Hell, PM me of you're actually interested I have far too many...

EDIT: The flight shows lower profile too. Slightly more high speed stable, slightly less glide, slightly more fade, numerous plastic options...hell you'd think Legacy sponsored me or something lol

Last edited:

No lower then that disc think more midrange a Clutch is just a Magnet with the spacer that the magnet has off of it, I have felt those threw one and they are like a Colt/#2 Upshot low but with the Magnet like rim. That is not quite low enough, I am thinking somthing like a Wasp but a Magnet rim not quite a Buzz but would be slower then a Buzz or Wasp more then likely. Basically a midrange type Magnet.

I agree 100%, just a speed 3 Magnet , a US Hydra by using the Rim of a Magnet and a Hydra top. I am thinking of a midrange Magnet, something similar to a Comet but with a Magnet rim. I can use Comets but to have a nutral slower midrange flier is something that Discraft is missin. I say maybe even take a Buzz top and use a Magnet rim to have a slower Buzz esentially. A Buzz, OS, or US due to the speed almost a slow fairway are hard to power down unlike a Shark or 3 top version. I found From Discraft the Archer is easier to power down then a Buzz. Buzz has all the glide get lost when the mold is powered down acting like a putter instead of a midrange.

I so badly want to contribute. Or troll. Or I don't know.

Casey, the Hydra is an Innova mold. The Magnet and Comet are Discraft. Cheers.

I have only held one Clutch and for whatever reason it did not feel good in my hand. I know the Atom is blunted and the Clutch is a bit more rounded, maybe that is why.

I probably should feel one up again. Like I need any more putters.

Hello, my name is...

@wolfman Unfortunately I've never held an Atom, can't help you there.

I know that, That is why I said what I said about the Clutch from a company that has modified copies of Innova and Discraft molds.

Where has there ever been proof they have copies of any molds? ALLEGEDLY the Ghost is the 8x Roc mold (IIRC) but that's hearsay. One of the Rico's was a Magnetaholic so of course they could recreate one - doesn't mean Discraft ever let them have any mold pieces.

Folks, we have been over this before. The 8X Roc was made with the Rancho Roc mold. Innova didn't sell Legacy the Rancho Roc mold. Legacy used the specs of the Roc to create a Roc-like mold and used the specs of the Magnet to make a Magnet-like mold; they just reverse-engineered it so they have discs that are extremely similar to discs they were basing their molds off of.

For the record, Steve Rico was the Magnet guy. For a long time he was the top unsponsored player because he had thrown Innova, switched to Discraft BUT was infamous for wiping the stamps off Rocs, sharpie drawing little Hawks on them and throwing those instead of a Discraft disc. Eventually Discraft got tired of him and stopped sponsoring him, but he was set on the Magnet as his putter and could never go back to being Innova sponsored because he was going to use that Discraft disc.

For the record, Steve Rico was the Magnet guy. For a long time he was the top unsponsored player because he had thrown Innova, switched to Discraft BUT was infamous for wiping the stamps off Rocs, sharpie drawing little Hawks on them and throwing those instead of a Discraft disc. Eventually Discraft got tired of him and stopped sponsoring him, but he was set on the Magnet as his putter and could never go back to being Innova sponsored because he was going to use that Discraft disc.

how long did his wobble putts exist for any correlation with mold changes

was it the archer or arrow

I think Casey used to design discs for Discraft. He's upset that they hired Paul and Paige to take over his position and is spilling trade secrets. That's why his posts appear to be gibberish. He's leading the curve. I, for one, look forward to Discraft's new P^3 (that's "P cubed" to the layperson) Hydromagnetometer. Dave Dunipace wouldn't make one and neither would Dynamic Discs. <DD and DD you see? Discraft saw the opportunity and swooped in to seize it. Game stepped up? No doubt. Expect the proto Hydromagnetometers to fetch a price well over $1000 US, as they'll be produced in a rubber blend recently unearthed by Paul and Paige on an exploratory archeological dig straddling the border of Lesotho and Kyrgyzstan. The material has never been seen before and will never be seen again. Expect stock runs in Pro D, stamped with some sort of monster energy drinks/Philadelphia Flyers hybrid logo to be released shortly after at a slight discount.

This I did not know (did know it was Steve that liked Magnets). Thanks for the info!