• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

hig2a4life

Par Member
Alright, so I've browsed the forums and I've seen little bits here and there, but nothing definitive on this disc. I just picked up a 176g Stalker in Elite Z and I would like to know what people think of it and what it is going to be best used for. I picked this up after reading some info on here about it thinking that it might be like a longer, faster Teebird that is slightly larger diameter. I'm not sure if that's the case, but I was hoping it would be solid at medium-long tunnel type shots using a hyzer-flip type technique. As some of you know, I recently plopped an 11x Champ Teebird into a lake, so I was thinking this would be a great time to branch out and try new discs and "audition" them for that spot in my bag. I also picked up a new 12x Champ Teebird (170g) for comparison. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I picked this up after reading some info on here about it thinking that it might be like a longer, faster Teebird that is slightly larger diameter. I'm not sure if that's the case, but I was hoping it would be solid at medium-long tunnel type shots using a hyzer-flip type technique..

I think you may be disappointed...

The stalker flies like a slightly faster Buzzz and maybe a slower/shorter teebird. Not saying it can't be thrown for distance but its not as fast as a teebird.

I am still deciding if i am going to keep mine in my bag since it typically only goes 10-15 farther than my Z buzzz.

Now for a faster/longer teebird you should really look into a Lat 64 goldline striker around 170. I am in love with this disc. Throw it hard and flat about 30 feet right of my target and it goes perfectly straight with a hard fade at the end everytime.

I have also heard OLF's and PD's would also fill the role your looking for if the Teebird doesn't work out.

I think the Stalker is very comparable to the Tee Bird honestly. I play at altitude so I cann't make a comment on the hyzer flip you are expecting to get out of it but I find that the Stalker will pretty much hold whatever line I put on it. Great disc.

Stalker is a great disc. I keep it and a Teebird in my bag at all times. It doesn't do justice to either disc to compare it with a teebird. Stalker is more like a faster buzz that can handle more power/snap and in return rewards you with the same control as a buzz at a greater speed/distance. Stalkers are great for holding lines, that is, throw it hyzer and it will finish with some fade, throw it flat (Depends on weight/plastic, I throw a 174 Cryztal, slightly worn) and it finishes flat. Put it ani and it will hold that line. It is similar to the teebird in that it excels at low tunnel shots, has great control, and is forgiving in nature on release. I do not hyzer flip this disc, as it has a tendency to want to hold the line you release it at. If you threw a flippy teebird before, this is not the same. If you are looking for something for hyzer flip shots, I'd suggest an Avenger SS.

Latest posts