• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Z Nuke

Cr1mson3lbow

I know that the DGR board had been full of discussion about the Discraft Nuke over the past months. Now i think it deserves all the hype it receives, as my drives are now in 400-600 ft range as before they would max out at 350. But i digress, as i do not want this to be a discussion about whether you LIKE the nuke or not...

What i want to hear from you guys, is do you think Discraft should produce a Z Nuke? OR if you know that they all ready are, bring it up in here too. I would loooove to see a Z version of this disc, as i prefer my Z avenger over my FLX, and i also feel they have a tendency to be a little more predictable in the wind.

shoot away!

wow. You went from maxing out 350 to 600'?!?! That has to be the biggest improvement off of a new disc. :roll:

on a serious note,i don't believe they will make it in z. imy guess is they can't keep the weight down in z.

Yeah, I'm with Booter. They had to go to a weird blend of what seems to be Pro D and ESP just to get the weight down for ESP which significantly reduce it's durability in ESP. I don't see a Z version of this for weight reasons. But, then again there are Champ Bosses.... We'll have to wait and see as I've heard nothing about a Z version. Perhaps we should nudge Mark Ellis into a private eye position.

But, my opinion is it'll be an over stable hog that doesn't fly like they're suppose to. Or if they're like the bosses and come out more flat, they might actually have some decent stability and could very well be the answer everyone is looking for!!!!!!! Either way I doubt I'll pick one up as I can't even throw the disc I have now. My form sucks more than it did before I threw the Nuke and I haven't touched my Nukes in Months anyway.

I'd like a more stable Nuke in whatever plastic I could get it in. Or, they could just approve the King. Haven't heard anything about that in a while. I liked it.
KP

booter said:
wow. You went from maxing out 350 to 600'?!?! That has to be the biggest improvement off of a new disc. :roll:

on a serious note,i don't believe they will make it in z. imy guess is they can't keep the weight down in z.

I think they can get the weight down... the z-force gets into the 160's so i'm sure they can get the nuke to 175g

I am pretty sure I read somewhere on here that Mark Ellis said he had thrown one or that he had seen one. It seems like they exist, but who knows if they will be sold to the masses.

I think that in reality this is further off than you guys think. For one, Z plastic is not a single entity, but a blend. It is different in different Discraft discs. If Discraft can't even make durable ESP Nukes, they are not going to be able to make good Z Nukes because in general Z is more dense than ESP.

In this situation they need to spy on Innova....Bossses and Katanas have been made in sweet and durable Champ plastic...Discraft ought to be able to figure this mystery out. I'll be testing any new Nukes that we get in and feel different from the crapstastic ESP that they have been made in so far.

guess what i got this weekend.......ELITE Z SPARKLE PROTO NUKE +!!! It feels nice and is fairly flexible. The weight is 174g. Ill post up pics if you guys wanna see this thing

without_pics3.gif

FLXbuzzzFTW!!! said:
Now i think it deserves all the hype it receives, as my drives are now in 400-600 ft range as before they would max out at 350.
Really? A 250' increase by a disc and beato's video? Pardon me for being skeptical (not of beato's vid)...but I am.

i like to keep up the suspense lol. yea it says elite z sparkle proto nuke + on the sticker so im pretty sure its a nuke.