• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Z Nuke

Had a couple of throws with a sparkle z nuke+ yesterday. It was a glideless overstable meathook. Dissapointed. I have gotten memorial and first runs out around 500, this abomination thrown with 100% power might have gone 330 with a large amount of fade, not forward penetrating fade either. Maybe others will have better luck.

I threw the Sparkle Z Nuke + this weekend some and actually really liked it a lot. It was def more stable than the normal nuke and def has less glide but that is due to its stability. I liked this disc a lot I was able to get it in the 420 to 450ft range depending on the wind. where as I can get the esp nukes out in the 475 to 515ft range but they beat in way to quickly and just become to flippy for me after about a month of throwing. Hopefully If the Z Nuke comes out then it will hold the stability a lot longer than their ESP/X blend.

So I threw mine today and someone is going to need to explain the difference between this disc and Z forces b/c they fly a lot alike.

Sand the bead off and make it a real Nuke; then you've got something! :thumbsup emoticon:

I really don't see the point in making the Nuke X in Z. As the Nuke was the one that needs the extra durability of Z plastic. When the X mold wasn't even approved yet. Seems redundant and a waste of time?

I'm guessing they just wanted to kill 2 birds with one run, trying out Z on nuke, and trying a out a new nuke mold to see if it's worth anything.

anyone want to trade one of these? i have one on the wall but id like to have one to throw...

according to discrafts fb. The z nuke is in the tester phase now. They didn't say it was a nuke + or king so maybe it's the reg nuke and not the sparkle protos out now. Just thought I'd pass this friendly info to you guys still throwin nukes :)

They had some protos on sale at USADGC and they sold out in 20 minutes. It is indeed a Z Nuke, and not a + or King.

sparkle plastic but the beed on the bottom makes in a nuke x? am i wrong?

Lets hope they have fixed the ESP's durability problems...Premium plastic SHOULD NOT lose shape due to impacts, puncture, or tear. If so, I may be forced to test one again. :wink:

I will def test one out as well but I may wait til production. Hopefully these will still have dome to them like the esp's did otherwise they'll probably fly just like the nuke + x y z or whatever the fuck it's called now

discspeed said:
Lets hope they have fixed the ESP's durability problems...Premium plastic SHOULD NOT lose shape due to impacts, puncture, or tear. If so, I may be forced to test one again. :wink:
I actually like the shitty plastic they are made out of. It's got a great grip to it and if your gonna hit something with it you probably shouldn't be throwing the nuke there anyway. I've had some of my longest rips ever with a 169 1st run esp that is pretty beat up, for me it's a much better disc than both the boss and katana. Kinda right in between the two in terms of stability. A z one would be nice to go with a beat up esp

ph_10awznuke.jpg

disclaimer: this is not my nuke....just a pic that discraft posted . thx thommie for the offer though :lol:

booter said:
ph_10awznuke.jpg

disclaimer: this is not my nuke....just a pic that discraft posted . thx thommie for the offer though :lol:
ooooooooooh :shock: if those are good and stable i definitely want some