• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Z Nuke

TeamTollandDG said:
I actually like the shitty plastic they are made out of. It's got a great grip to it and if your gonna hit something with it you probably shouldn't be throwing the nuke there anyway. I've had some of my longest rips ever with a 169 1st run esp that is pretty beat up, for me it's a much better disc than both the boss and katana. Kinda right in between the two in terms of stability. A z one would be nice to go with a beat up esp

I feel the same. The Z Nuke should be a little more overstable which could be nice as well.

mzuleger said:
TeamTollandDG said:
I actually like the shitty plastic they are made out of. It's got a great grip to it and if your gonna hit something with it you probably shouldn't be throwing the nuke there anyway. I've had some of my longest rips ever with a 169 1st run esp that is pretty beat up, for me it's a much better disc than both the boss and katana. Kinda right in between the two in terms of stability. A z one would be nice to go with a beat up esp

I feel the same. The Z Nuke should be a little more overstable which could be nice as well.

If the Z's were stable and durable it would make it a lot easier to carry the ESP's and keep them nice. I can't vouch for the shitty plastic though...your disc ALWAYS hits something at the end of its flight, and the worst hit my ESP Nuke took was an impact with the ground 400'+ from the tee that cut through the wing.

Discraft posted a post 2hrs ago on their FB wall saying that the Z Nukes will hit the shelves in a month. Time to start twiddling those thumbs.

//edit

Actually it says "next month", might be sooner than we think!

FYI whilst fondling one of these at Am Nats I was told it is a completely different mold than the ESP. The rim depth is smaller. Not much smaller but you can feel a difference.

Robin Hood said:
FYI whilst fondling one of these at Am Nats I was told it is a completely different mold than the ESP. The rim depth is smaller. Not much smaller but you can feel a difference.
those were a Nuke X (king?) proto IIRC, not an actual Nuke

YoungGunLefty said:
They will be selling them at the fly mart tuesday night from 7-10
Z Nukes $10
Dri Fits $10

Quantities limited

Anyone want to pick up a couple for me?

mzuleger said:
YoungGunLefty said:
They will be selling them at the fly mart tuesday night from 7-10
Z Nukes $10
Dri Fits $10

Quantities limited

Anyone want to pick up a couple for me?

I think scott is going down there. He just left for the majestic, but I am going to ask him to grab me some while he is there.

The Z nukes go very far. They are very fast once they leave your hand and have a hint of HSS.

However, I do believe these are a different disc from the ESP ones. I think they were retooled to be able to be molded in Z plastic. I think they shaved off the bottom of the disc to make the rim shallower.

you are correct pat. They were retooled because they couldn't get them down in weight. So they trimmed off some of the rim making it a tad shallow but still very good in feeling.mine were still domey and still stable. I have yet to throw them enough to justify the flight compared to an esp but I'm just glad they have the dome still. I was wondering if they were gonna flatten out but to my surprise,they didn't.

I would think so frank. I'm gonna take it out to an open course today and see how it fairs up to my xcals. I only threw it 1 time yesterday for shits and it was a huge spike hyzer line that was to a blind basket so I didn't really get a feel for the new flight yet.

Just ordered one. I really like the ESP Nukes, but I recently switched over to Z Forces so I figured it's worth a shot for this disc as well.

ok so i took the nuke out today and i love it all over again! the z's def have a touch more hss . i was throwing these in mild head winds with only a slight turn,not much if at all though. the yellow 174 i have has a huge dome on it and it glides like my esp's , very grippy and great. i actually used it as a FH disc for 2 holes and on both it flew easy,straight with a predictable fade. the damn thing hovered like 4' off the ground to the basket. definitely easier to FH than my xcals. looks like itll stick around for a bit. however,just like the esp nukes, the dome will def be different between discs. i have a reddish orange z nuke also and the dome is not as pronounced as the yellow.