• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft's New Releases

had the flx avenger since last summer. And Z-tracker as well 2005 players cup stamp.

Fritz said:
Midnightbiker said:
The Impact has gotten my attention. I am looking for a good fairway driver.

SJLS :p

The Impact IMO is a tweener Mid-range that wants to be a fairway driver. It was my experience when it came out for the Ace Race, to be very understable, and if you put anything over 65% power into it it flipped like a cheerleader on prom night.
I'm at altitude too so it shouldn't flip that easy. It did have killer glide, but I really wouldn't consider this disc a mid-range.

Just my opinion.

Well, I still have my eye on a QJLS, so I think I might do that instead of the Impact. I am glad you told me about that.

Every where I look people are trying to get the FLX Drone's as fast as they can....If that keeps up I see Discraft adding them to normal production.

Now if only they would add my beloved ESP Comet to normal production :cry: Guess I just get to stock up on those.

the FLX Drone will be in full production next year. They are behind schedule right now and don't have time for a full run, so they just did a limited amount.

I've got some of these drones on the way. Hopefully they will be like the flat gummy S demons I've been hunting for for the last few years.

Our Ace Race never happened, so I have not seen an Impact. How does it compare to a Stratus? From how it is being described it sounds like a Stratus with more glide, but that kind of depends on whether it is flippy or if it is FLIPPY.

ive got a couple of the drones on the way. i liked my old pro d drone but it beat into a wasp way too fast, seeing as FLX is indestructible this disc should be just what im after

Working Stiff said:
Our Ace Race never happened, so I have not seen an Impact. How does it compare to a Stratus? From how it is being described it sounds like a Stratus with more glide, but that kind of depends on whether it is flippy or if it is FLIPPY.

stability wise it fits in between a stratus and a storm

Not a fan of FLX, but maybe Discraft, once the runs are caught up, will do the Drone in Z, or better yet, X.

I highly doubt they'll do it in X since they are phasing that plastic out.
I'd love a Z Drone, but I'd settle for a standard ESP version.

Well I'm hoping they don't dump all the X runs, though dropping the Crush and the Pred really hurts. I did pick up plenty of backups, so I should be good for a few years.

I've heard that they can't get the Z Drone to meet the technical specifications for the PDGA Approval, that is why there is no Z Drone yet.

Just what I hear, dunno if there is any truth to it, but I've heard from a few sources.

Mr.SmOOOth said:
Same with the Venom. Hopefully they are able to figure out how to make it in Z or ESP.

I shudder at the thought of a Z Venom. They need to put a picture of Gold Finger on it, because if you get nailed by a Z Venom, whoa!
:shock:

You thought a Z Flick was overstable.
:lol:

Fritz said:
I've heard that they can't get the Z Drone to meet the technical specifications for the PDGA Approval, that is why there is no Z Drone yet.

Just what I hear, dunno if there is any truth to it, but I've heard from a few sources.

I read the same thing. I guess the mold is too beefy and they can't keep the weight down in Z- plastic. I guess eSP isnt as dense

adidadg said:
Fritz said:

I read the same thing. I guess the mold is too beefy and they can't keep the weight down in Z- plastic. I guess eSP isnt as dense
Yeah, ESP is in-between X and Z on the density scale, as Star is in-between Pro and Champ. They are priced and marketed as the top-of-the-line plastics becasue...well, I don't know why.

Because they can? :?

I just got a couple FLX drones. They feel SWEET!!! Flat too. Not like FLX pred flat, but much flatter than D. Can't wait to throw them!!