• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs in trees.

I usually just keep a 50' pole on me though.

this might work, we don't have one that long but if i climb half way i have one that can reach.

He also forgot to mention that said disc has been stuck for about two months already

there's a tree at cedar hills that i call the dx tree, ihave found 5 discs in that tree\
my trick, shakethe ish out of it

Tent Pole.

I have a 14' tent pole in the trunk of my car (along with my tent.) It's very lightweight and collapsible to about 18" long, so it could easily be carried in or alongside a disc bag. It's no good for tall, tall trees; however it has saved my discs from thick, unclimbable evergreens on two occasions.

I keep a sling shot in my bag just for this purpose. I got a pred stuck about 30 ft up in a tree one time and I got it out with the slingshot (after I drove home to get it). It has stayed in my bag ever since.

I also keep a tent in my car and didn't think to use the poles. now I'm thinking about No Country for Old Men.

I didnt read the whole thread. Have heard that paintball guns work really well... good way to use your old hardened ammo.

I've thought of this, i work at a couple paintball fields so it was the first thought to come to my mind. the only reason i dont do it is because the park is surrounded by neighborhoods and i dont know the air rifle regulations of the city.

And the only problem with throwing things, is that the only path that you could throw is straight up, which isnt too easy.

Too lazy to type it out again, so ill just quote it. I would not recommend using a paintball gun to get discs out of a tree. Not only might it be against the law for the town/city you're playing in but it can also do quite a bit of damage to a disc.

I carry a golf ball in my bag. Its small enough to get through the branches and much easier to carry than a baseball.