• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs of Fury 2015 --- Cincinnati

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Our annual chuckers gathering brought us to Ohio's Queen City for fun, shenanigans, shanks, sailor language, and Skyline.

Love the "Whos got the Urb?" shirt hadn't seen that one yet.:thmbup:

Great vid bennet. A couple of my favorite places in the world on that video.

Thank you Brutus. You'd have liked that crew, almost all Buckeyes.

Awesome Video, Bennett. :) Looks like some fun times on some Beautiful courses. Diggin' all the overhand throws. Thanks for sharing. :)

Awesome Video, Bennett. :) Looks like some fun times on some Beautiful courses. Diggin' all the overhand throws. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you sir! Cincy truly has some disc golf gems. Everyone knows of Idlewild, but I really enjoyed Mt Airy and Lincoln Ridge immensely. We hit as much as we could, and we surely missed a lot of good courses in the area. Good thing is, we go back about every other year for one reason or another(usually to satisfy a Skyline craving).

As for the overhand throws, a few of these guys have been playing for 20+ years, and they started only throwing thumbers and tomahawks. As can be seen, their overhand shots are much more developed than their backhands and flicks. Chuckers to be sure, but man it's just a lot more fun to have FUN and not care about score-to-par.

Interesting fact: Clearwater and Ft Myers Florida have Skyline Chili.

Snowbirds

Owners. The owners of Skyline have a house down here, so if they have a couple stores down here they can probably write off all those nasty travel and housing expenses. That's prob why we have 2 Aurelio's pizza stores down here etc. (The Tampa area gets a Portillo's next year.)

I didn't see a guest appearance at Winton...

Sped through this one since it was delayed after the mold fiasco. I forgot to get your vid up, can't really see you but you can see the disc and the flight, I'll put it up by itself!

Interesting fact: Clearwater and Ft Myers Florida have Skyline Chili.

So does Greenville SC at Publix. Frozen, but still, good to make the Skyline dip with.

Also crazy to be able to buy Graeter's ice cream anywhere I want now. Grew up on double chocolate chunk turtle sundaes :hfive:

Looks like you and your friends had a blast. I had fun seeing you all play some courses that I enjoyed greatly. Thanks for posting!

Sped through this one since it was delayed after the mold fiasco. I forgot to get your vid up, can't really see you but you can see the disc and the flight, I'll put it up by itself!

So does Greenville SC at Publix. Frozen, but still, good to make the Skyline dip with.

Also crazy to be able to buy Graeter's ice cream anywhere I want now. Grew up on double chocolate chunk turtle sundaes :hfive:

The frozen isn't quite the same. Down here you can get it in a can at Walmart, which is better than frozen. And yeah, Graeter's is the best.

He's from Cincinnati - he has no clue what "old oven" Aurelio's pizza tastes like or the awesomeness of a Big Beef & Cheese with sweet peppers ;)

That's too bad. Chicago has some of the best food ever. I prefer a thin crust Chicago style pizza to that thick pan style stuff any day.

I am sure tbird is old enough to remember when there were "real" Noble Roman's around here. Mmmm brick oven pizza....

I am sure tbird is old enough to remember when there were "real" Noble Roman's around here. Mmmm brick oven pizza....

Boy howdy!

We were always a LaRosa's family growing up (not even half as good as it used to be), but there were some Noble Roman's trips too!

Bennett, I never saw you post mine and my friend's shots at Winton. Did I miss them?