• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use Polecats... the best Putters out there...

I just bought an R-Pro Polecat for a catch disc. If you have space in your bag and you don't want to play catch with a driver, the Polecat is a good option.

I prefer beveled edged discs

unless I can get my hands on a piranha

I'd be very hesitant to try discs recommended by a poster with the name GatewayNinja. :p

There is a guy that plays one of the courses I frequent that just kills it will a polecat.

I think Dave Walters hates them. :D

I like Polecats, I really do. I like approaching with them better than putting though, lids don't leave my hands quite right.

I've used a Polecat for years. Don't know that it's the "greatest" putter but it works for me. I'm the only guy that I know of around here that throws one. Mine is around 6 years old and I'm not sure what kind of plastic it is. It's real soft on the flight plate and stiff on the rim. It actually feels more like rubber than plastic. Some kind of D I guess.

I got one off of a friend when he quit playing and game me his discs, but I have never thrown it. I am currently busy falling in love with Yeti Aviars, so I probably won't get to it for a while.

No, never tried one. Only using Challengers for putting now.

I threw a polecat for about 2 weeks back when I was a super-noob. It worked well, but as soon as the wind picked up it became quite useless to me.

I am a firm believer (as others on this site) that you should use the same putter for all conditions. Hence, I use a Wizard all the time. The Polecat isn't robust enough to make it in the bag.

As a catch disc, it's fantastic. But I only play catch with metal baskets that have yet to learn to throw back :p