• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does a course near you have a pro-shop on it?

Do you have a course with a pro-shop near you?

• Yes

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 62 51.7%

• Total voters

Jethoma27

I am from the greater Cincinnati area and have played a lot of courses all over ohio, nothern kentucky, indiana and even some in Colorado as well. It seems the only course that I have ever seen with a legit pro-shop on it is Mt. Airy here in Cincinnati. The pro-shop it called The Nati Disc Golf and they sell everything from discs to bags to gatorades right there at the heart of the course. Their selection is excellent, as well this is not just some hole in the wall shop if you catch my drift. Do you guys have any legit pro-shops at your local courses? Maybe I just havent traveled enough to see more of the courses in the country but it seems to me that this is a pretty rare thing. Also, Mt. Airy is a free to play course, if you are ever in the cincinnati area do your self a favor and play it. It is a great course.

Morley Field, Huntington Beach, La Mirada and Sylmar do from what I remember in Southern California. Nothing around Chicago does unfortunately, though we have a couple shops that are near courses.

no courses near me do . but i am pretty marshall street disc golf pro shop is located at the pyramids disc golf course. somewhere close to boston i believe

Six courses in the Twin Cities with Pro Shops on site: Blue Ribbon Pines, Hyland SSA, Bryant Lake, Elm Creek, Kaposia and The Valley. They're not all fully stocked stores but enough discs and other items to be useful.

For years I have been the travelling pro shop with 99% of my product being Discraft. Now Chris Brown sells Innova plastic out of his truck as well. He has a good amount of discs for sell.

Burlington has a Camp store that I believe has some disc and what not.

I wouldn't mind a disc company coming out with some sort of disc vending machine. :D Don't imagine it would be too difficult to work up.

Marshall Street and Maple Hill in Leicester, MA 1 1/2 away from me (I still consider that close). Killer B Disc Golf at Devens an hour away. Top O' the Hill and Beauty Hill an hour to the north. I think that pretty much covers it, lots of options in New England!

Burlington has a Camp store that I believe has some disc and what not.

I wouldn't mind a disc company coming out with some sort of disc vending machine. :D Don't imagine it would be too difficult to work up.

how cool would it be to see a vending machine with CE/10x kc pro aviars/champ rocs :D

I'd say fewer than 5% of courses I've been to have a pro shop, and even for some of the ones that do, its often closed.

You know the sad thing is even if more public courses set up a pro shop occasionally, the vendors there could probably make good money peddling plastic, and the city/county or whatever government jurisdiction who owns the park could make good money charging those vendors a fee to set up shop, revenue from which could help pay for course maintenance and improvements.

Six courses in the Twin Cities with Pro Shops on site: Blue Ribbon Pines, Hyland SSA, Bryant Lake, Elm Creek, Kaposia and The Valley. They're not all fully stocked stores but enough discs and other items to be useful.

Eight, if you count the discs for sale in the clubhouses at Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling.

There is no real pro shop at any of the courses in the St. Cloud Metro area, but the discmobile is out at Calvary Hill and Riverside most of the summer selling discs and other things.

No pro shops on the courses down here. The last one I saw was on the Niles MI course.

Originally Posted by Cgkdisc

Eight, if you count the discs for sale in the clubhouses at Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling.

Those count. I think not only does the Twin Cities metro have the most courses of any metro area but perhaps the most sites with pro shops/pay-for-play. Is that what your data shows Steve?

Those count. I think not only does the Twin Cities metro have the most courses of any metro area but perhaps the most sites with pro shops/pay-for-play. Is that what your data shows Steve?

Arrgh, don't start that! I don't want to try to mathematically define "metro area", "pro shop", and "pay to play", or even "site".

Does the gas station within a hole's length that sells starter packs count? The Walgreens down the block? The gift shop in the county park office a mile from the course?

I do know we have more pay to plays than weeks of summer. Wirth Par 3, Fort Snelling, Bryant Lake Park, Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area, Elm Creek Park Reserve, Kaposia Park, Bunker Hills, The Valley, Blue Ribbon Pines, Baylor Park, Castle Rock(?), Lakedale Campground, Maiden Shade, Glen Hills County Park, Axldog Acres, Morning Star, Lambs Creek @ Pioneer Grill, Tower Ridge Park. At least 299 pay to play holes within 100 miles; more if a certain mythical course ever opens.

Maybe Monday needs a new league?

Only my home course! :thmbup:
The bad thing about pro shops is that it also means a round fee so the pro shop worker(s) gets paid.

Only my home course! :thmbup:
The bad thing about pro shops is that it also means a round fee so the pro shop worker(s) gets paid.

I don't know if I would call the booth at Blendon a pro shop, especially when compared to some of the ones mentioned above. The Nati Pro Shop is sick, as is the 19th Hole at Sylmar. Hell I couldn't even get a stock star Valk at the booth at Blendon.

Morley Field, Huntington Beach, La Mirada and Sylmar do from what I remember in Southern California. Nothing around Chicago does unfortunately, though we have a couple shops that are near courses.

So cal courses with ON SITE pro shops (not a gas station down the road):
Morley Field - Pro Shop
HB - Pro Shop
La Mirada - Tennis Pro Shop with discs (DTW is around a mile away)
Sylmar - Pro Shop
El Dorado - Tennis Pro Shop with discs
Lake Casitas - General Store with discs
Sky High - Pro Shop
Van Buuren - Golf Pro Shop with discs

I read Kit Carson has a pro shop, but I didn't see one anywhere.

as far as middle tennessee goes i think the only strictly disc golf shops are raising chains and cloud 9 and i'm pretty sure neither of these are located on an actual course.

Latest posts